Surf Knowledge Reqd in East Kilbride/Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Knowledge Reqd in East Kilbride/Glasgow

Hey all. Ive got an L'reg 3,0l td ssr-x limited advance with suss lift and a couple of other mods. She is in good condition but needs a bit of tlc. I am not mechanically minded in any way and am desperate for someone close to the East Kilbride area who would be a diamond and have a look at my surf to see what work will need done to her. I recently split up with my wife and for some strange reason i dont seem to have any money left after i get paid!!! so am looking for someone who could help me out for free. Any work that needs done on my surf i will pay for but what i really need is to find out what needs done! I am hoping to sell her very soon but have no idea how much to ask for and cant afford the 5quid fee to advertise on here, god i really am skint. Any help would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by wantsurf; 16 May 2006, 19:13.

Originally posted by wantsurf
    Hey all. Ive got an L'reg 3,0l td ssr-x limited advance with suss lift and a couple of other mods. She is in good condition but needs a bit of tlc. I am not mechanically minded in any way and am desperate for someone close to the East Kilbride area who would be a diamond and have a look at my surf to see what work will need done to her. I recently split up with my wife and for some strange reason i dont seem to have any money left after i get paid!!! so am looking for someone who could help me out for free. Any work that needs done on my surf i will pay for but what i really need is to find out what needs done! I am hoping to sell her very soon but have no idea how much to ask for and cant afford the 5quid fee to advertise on here, god i really am skint. Any help would be gratefully received.

Sorry to hear of your situation fella.

Whats actually wrong with the truck?
    Does it smoke, does it stall in traffic. Or is the mother tip top apart from the way it looks?
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Nothing as drastic as engine trouble, christ thats all i need. No my problem is in the ride. Shes pretty well all over the place to be honest. im pretty sure she needs new springs n shox but i nd to be sure as cash is tighter than a ducks arse at the moment. she may only need a bit of tightening up etc but i have no idea how to do anything. im hoping to sell her but in order to get the best price i would like to do any necissary work before i advertise. it used to be tazs surf if thats any use to you. ty for reply

Comment

Originally posted by wantsurf
        Nothing as drastic as engine trouble, christ thats all i need. No my problem is in the ride. Shes pretty well all over the place to be honest. im pretty sure she needs new springs n shox but i nd to be sure as cash is tighter than a ducks arse at the moment. she may only need a bit of tightening up etc but i have no idea how to do anything. im hoping to sell her but in order to get the best price i would like to do any necissary work before i advertise. it used to be tazs surf if thats any use to you. ty for reply

Give tony a PM if its the ride. He will sort you out. They say he knows about these things

Distance will prevent a face to face I suspect but someone will be able to put you in touch with the people that can help.

Good luck.

Al.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Re

Hi Mate,

I have a buddy who does quite a lot of Surfs/4Runners, he owns a 3.0 4Runner himself.

He is very good with them, so much so, that I travel from Northern Ireland to get mine serviced and MOT'ed by him.

His garage is called "Automec" and is situated in Bo'ness.

The phone number is 01506 825510

Give him a ring and he will sort you out.

His name is Hamish and remember to tell him that Gary from NI with the 2.4TD sent you!

Good luck!

Gary

Comment

cheers gary

hi gary just got that garage name and phone number off the site that great for me as i only 5 mins away i come from falkirk and been looking for good garage for my ssrx 2.4td cheers mate

Comment

Re

You are very welcome mate!

Gary

Comment

this seems like a good excuse for a meet and greet.

falkirk, E.K, im in larkhall.

im no machanic either, but if can get a look at some other surfs, and a run in another to see how they feel you may find yours isnt that bad.

i have a suspension lift as well so it could be good to compare the 2 side by side.

a pub car park somewhere would do, if we can get a few of us well come and kick your tyres.

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                X