How much is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is it worth?

Is it me or have second gens dropped alot in price?

I've listed my 4 runner 5 times on e-bay. M reg 3L manual - The most the auctions reach is about £1400 and I know its worth alot more than that.

My 2.4 auto isn't moving at £2500 either.

Is it time to skip them?

It might be fuel prices scaring people. I have noticed that anything with a large'ish diesel or petrol lump isn't really moving. Even things like the Mercedes G-Wagen have come down in price.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

yeha they have come way down - mines probably worth a bit more than half of what i paid for it 18months ago.
      might be as there are more 3rd gens around now...
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

£2500 for a 2.4 Auto?? I paid £850 for mine

But it needed a head replacement, exhaust, and loads of other stuff, before it was on the road, I do think that they are great cars, and you get a lot for your money, but £2500 for a 2.4 Auto, err nope.

But I suppose its worth what someone will pay for it
        Last edited by spans; 16 May 2006, 08:45.

Comment

I think the Budget scared a lot of people out of buying 4x4's. People think that the Road Tax on 4x4's has gone way up, and are therefore steering clear.

Might be an idea to put the cost of Tax in the auction description.

You could also advertise the fact that the Surf runs very well on Vege Oil.

Finally, you could wait until the weather is nice. People are more interested in going out off roading and on holiday in the summer so may be looking for a bigger car or an off-roader.

Better still . . . Keep it !!
          Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by spans
            £2500 for a 2.4 Auto?? I paid £850 for mine
            But it needed a head replacement, exhaust, and loads of other stuff, before it was on the road, I do think that they are great cars, and you get a lot for your money, but £2500 for a 2.4 Auto, err nope.
            So yours cost you how much, including purchase and parts,
            to make it roadworthy?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              So yours cost you how much, including purchase and parts,
              to make it roadworthy?

Matt

Probably about an additional £700 including the head, valves, gaskets, belt, filters, oil, and anti-freeze, an exhaust for £60, oh I had to get a new spare tyre too that was £38, so all in for about £1800 absolute max.

That doesn't include the ice, dash, leds like everywhere, CB, rear window motor £25, hmmm thats about it (so far)

But thats all without labour, and if I added that, I'd been well outta pocket
              Last edited by spans; 16 May 2006, 11:18.

Comment

Have re-listed the grey one on ebay 4641243646. Think i'm gonna end up keeping the 4 runner

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                    Have re-listed the grey one on ebay 4641243646. Think i'm gonna end up keeping the 4 runner
                    The bonus is that it is in the most desirable colour.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by spans
                      But thats all without labour, and if I added that, I'd been well outta pocket
                      Thats the part where you realised 2500 isn't too bad,
                      with no work required, I assume.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                      X