cambelt pricecheck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cambelt pricecheck

could anyone give me a ballpark figure as to what i could be asked to pay for a new camblet+fitting.

Originally posted by mark young
    could anyone give me a ballpark figure as to what i could be asked to pay for a new camblet+fitting.
    For which Surf ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

1995 3litre auto ssr-g

Comment

About £80.00.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

genuine toyota belt 38 quid , i had it fitted for 35 quid. 30 minute job.

Comment

Cost me £100
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

cambelt costs

less than hundred notes for a new fitted cambelt that sounds like good value to me,i will let me other half treat the old truck to a new one with her next pay cheque[i know i'm spoiling her!]
              after all its the least she can do after her dog/horse hairs clogged up the rear window assembly.

Comment

Get a genuine Toyota cam belt and buy the tensioner while your at it. The job is easy to do and will take between half and an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  Get a genuine Toyota cam belt and buy the tensioner while your at it. The job is easy to do and will take between half and an hour.
                  Could you direct me to instructions that will tell me how to do it in the hour (if there are any ) or explain, as I have done a search and cant find any apart from the Aussie site which tells to remove the rad to do this. I know the garage that did mine didnt remove the rad so really I must have been charged a massive hourly rate, and probably didnt get a gen toyota belt.
                  this would come in handy for me the next time it becomes due. Thanks in advance
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

This is how I do it....

Unbolt vacuum hose from across the fan cowl and remove, remove fan cowl, (you can do this without removing the top hose if you're careful) then remove fan.

The above is optional, it just makes life much easier and save struggling to get at things.

Unbolt bolts and two clips that hold belt cover on.

Line up timing marks, remove tensioner.

Check idler bearing for wear (quiet when spun and no wobble). Check tensioner for oil leaks or wear. (You shouldn't be able to push the piston in without a press/vise)

Gently close the tensioner up in press/vice and put a small drill or allen key through hole to keep it closed

Install new belt, then tensioner, pull out drill/allen key.

Turn engine BY HAND one cycle vand check timing marks still line up.

Bolt everything back on, and your done.

There, thats done me out of £50 to fit it!!!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-TOYOTA...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                      X