Trip to Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Wales

Went over to Wales this weekend to get out the house. Full of kids cos of youngests birthday.

Did a bit of gliding from the cliffs at Harlech, visited friends and got completely bombed in their local. I'd been meaning to try out sleeping in the back of the Surf so popped in an airbed, a quilt and a pillow. Had a brilliant nights sleep! What a flexible vehicle it is! Enough room for me, my bed, a 2metre glider and my radio gear.

Here's a few pics of pretty places ...
    Attached Files
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

nice truck..... and scenery, hope you enjoyed....

carl.....
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Nice Truck Love ya wheels.

Is that tree for sacrificing Virgins and summonsing the Devil?
      I like Orientals

Comment

It's very comfy sleeping in the back of the Surf. A few beers does help but I do wonder what the view of would be regarding being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle? Worse still, you could be drunk in charge of a motorhome.

At 5'6" I found the Surf just long enough for me to stretch out in.

I hope you enjoyed getting out to play.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Went over to Wales this weekend to get out the house. Full of kids cos of youngests birthday.

Did a bit of gliding from the cliffs at Harlech, visited friends and got completely bombed in their local. I'd been meaning to try out sleeping in the back of the Surf so popped in an airbed, a quilt and a pillow. Had a brilliant nights sleep! What a flexible vehicle it is! Enough room for me, my bed, a 2metre glider and my radio gear.

Here's a few pics of pretty places ...

Nice one, How are you getting on with the Reichard Sprinter? I am considering a fast glider with Axi power at the moment.
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I took an old OD 2 metre fast sloper to Wales as the site I flew from is a cliff. The landing area is about 35 degrees / grass / rocks and about 100ft wide with 40ft down the slope. Superb lift but landing has to be accurate and fast. I didn't really fancy throwing the (heavy) sprinter off there!

Re. The Sprinter, if you fancy a hot ship, I'd recommend it strongly. It's beautifully moulded, goes together accurately and flys very accurately. Now my batteries have run in, it will climb vertically and continuously from a 50 metre or so acceleration run. Make sure your eyes are good though because it does scream away from you pretty quick on full tilt!

I'm still on big 12v nicads because of the reasonable price for current capability, but will invest in a big 14.4v LiPo before the summer takes hold. That extra 2.4v and lighter weight is gonna turn it into something mental!

BTW, the Sprinter is from Puffin Models and is designed for a certain model of Mega motor. Not sure an AXI would fit, but what do I know?!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

hope you only painted the town red , not the tree
              wicked wheels
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
              X