3rd gen with digital climate control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen with digital climate control

Never new these existed. Looks like a nice truck, even though its white.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/S-REG-TOYOTA-H...QQcmdZViewItem
    I used to have a surf me!

A lot of people with the climate control in their Gen 3's have experienced a lot of trouble with the system including myself!! It's all down to a little thyristor thing hidden away in the dash!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
      A lot of people with the climate control in their Gen 3's have experienced a lot of trouble with the system including myself!! It's all down to a little thyristor thing hidden away in the dash!

Andy

Im lucky, the climate control in mine works a treat. Mind you, I only ever put onto coldest setting which is bbbblllooooddddyyyyyy fffffrrreeezzziiinnnggg

Comment

Its certainly nice but does the vendor really know his stuff (do any of them) considering he claims to import and sell loads of them.

"THEY DIDN'T MAKE ANY MORE SURFS' AFTER THIS MODEL" so he's never heard of the 4th Gen then, he also neglects to mention what would for most be a huge selling point, it will have the later D4D engine, more powerful, smoother and more economical that the earlier ones (not so good on veggie tho )
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Mine is very very similar to the one in the ad, apart from colour which is Champagne Metallic. It is a 98 'S' so he doesn't know about mine does he, since I'm in Scotland and he only knows about 2 surfs like this!
          Live for Today

Comment

That discription is so full of $hite Ebay should pull the ad, if only just because its painful to read.

And while we're on the subject, that is the worst front number position I have ever seen.

Poor Surf..............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              That discription is so full of $hite Ebay should pull the ad, if only just because its painful to read.

And while we're on the subject, that is the worst front number position I have ever seen.

Poor Surf..............

Yeah. I thought that about the front plate. Oh and he does talk rubbish as well.

Comment

Al, your just being nasty to the man with the big white truck. He probably can't help being a bit of a Del Boy!!!
                i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
                  Al, your just being nasty to the man with the big white truck. He probably can't help being a bit of a Del Boy!!!

Ey up Jim. David tells me you are now over at Harrogate Branch? Is that a full time thing then?

Al.

Comment

My favourite bit is 'very unique'.

I love the questions he's got his mates to send him too - "I wish I could have it", "what a beast" etc etc.

Comment

It's been relisted, so I asked him if it was the last surf ever made, look at his reply.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...DME:B:AAQ:UK:1

[they stoped making surfs in 2002 well they didant but i wont go in to that now and mine is or was the the last of the updates in other words toyota didant update them anymore after mine pleas take notice of the front bumper and so on these wher the very latest changes to the surf bifore the finished making them ok , ps wouldent be a friend of mr dunn would you ???]
                      Last edited by andy; 16 May 2006, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                        It's been relisted, so I asked him if it was the last surf ever made, look at his reply.

[they stoped making surfs in 2002 well they didant but i wont go in to that now and mine is or was the the last of the updates in other words toyota didant update them anymore after mine pleas take notice of the front bumper and so on these wher the very latest changes to the surf bifore the finished making them ok , ps wouldent be a friend of mr dunn would you ???]
                        Who's Mr Dunn?

PS, mister so called 'Mr Surf'........

http://www.batfa.com/new_car_toyota_hilux_surf.htm

2006 model. Mr Smurf's isn't even the last of the 3rd gens, they went up to 2000ish, so what so special? It's just a well spec'ed 3rd gen.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I think we can all clearly see that he is Mr Surf. His name is on his wheel cover.

Maybe I should ask him if you get the wheel cover with the truck. Then everyone will think I'm Mr Surf too. It will be anarchy...

Comment

Originally posted by andy

Oh Blimey, thats toooo funny

Comment

Well !! I sent him another message regarding his Last ever Surf.

[For your information the 3rd gen Surf was made upto 2000, and then it went to the 4th gen which is still made. http://www.batfa.com/hiluxsuf2704709.htm

Sorry don't know who Mr Dunn is.

Comment

Working...
                              X