New Radiator /Milners or Roughtrax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Radiator /Milners or Roughtrax?

Can anyone tell me or has experience of the radiators from Milners, are they OK, as they seem quite inexpensive compared to the ones for sale at Roughtrax. Thanks
    Trust your Hound.

From general experience i find roughtrax products a better quality than Milners
    But i cannot comment on a rad as i have not purchaced one
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I usually prefer to get my old rads reconditioned locally . Less hassle with postage and warranty issues (if any) .You know the rad coming back is the same quality you gave in for repair , as some of these rads from suppliers have lower quality components . (I am not saying Milners/Roughtrack products are sub standard , just experiance from other suppliers in past ) .
      Only prob with recon your old unit is if the header tank is pin holed like most are you need a new header tank or a lot of solder ..
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I seem to remember Tony posting that the Milners one was a skinny rad

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=Milners+rad

Comment

I have always used a chap in Barnsley for my rad rebuilds. The unit
          you get back from him is usually better than the original, as he uprates
          any parts of it that he classes as skimping on quality, if he possibly can.
          I can dig his details out if you want them.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
            I seem to remember Tony posting that the Milners one was a skinny rad

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=Milners+rad
            And it got taken out 1 month later and sent back, and a Roughtrax one replaced it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
              Can anyone tell me or has experience of the radiators from Milners, are they OK, as they seem quite inexpensive compared to the ones for sale at Roughtrax. Thanks
              Bought a milners rad last year and have had no problems, it just looks terrible.

Comment

£138 +Vat

Got a quote locally £138 +vat for recoring and new header This don't sound too bad so I will probably go with it. Thanks for your responses
                Trust your Hound.

Comment

Appart from a recent pin hole which I resoldered myself- I've had no problems in two years with a Roughtrax re-con rad.

Comment

purely based on the fact milners use the worst couriers and roughtrax are spot on i'd go for roughtrax.

based on personal experience with both.
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I fitted mine with a genuine Toyota Radiator. Brand new, looks the business, you know it's going to fit, and quality isn't an issue, the rad in front is a Toyota!!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=radiator

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        and quality isn't an issue, the rad in front is a Toyota!!
                        Its also pushing £400!!! But I agree, the genuine rad is so sexy to unwrap, feel it and fit in a weird kind of way.

or is that just me?...........
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Its also pushing £400!!! But I agree, the genuine rad is so sexy to unwrap, feel it and fit in a weird kind of way.

I hope its just you. Glad you are recognising that it might be weird. Youve taken the first step towards recovery

ogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                            I hope its just you. Glad you are recognising that it might be weird. Youve taken the first step towards recovery

ogus
                            Whats wrong with being weird .....If we were all into rads i would worry about it

Now removing the clingfilm over a pack of mushrooms Now your talking
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Yes. It was a very sexy moment opening the box, to see my new Toyota rad all shiney and black. It fitted like a velvet glove. I even gave it a polish with a cloth when fitted to get all the finger marks off!!!!

Mmmm, now on reflection I think that was a little too weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X