surf runnning like a true champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf runnning like a true champ

what a glorious day! sun shining, people about (but not too many yet!)

anyway, my surf is running like a beaut and i'm having great fun driving it. theres no reason that it shouldnt be, but today in particular i paid attention to how smooth the engine was and the nice ride

heres a pic taken from one of the lanes in newquay overlooking the atlantic ocean

treated the surf to some injector cleaner too. got some nice driving to do next weekend, off to brizzle for a mountain bike instructors course - its an overnighter so may well kip in the surf.

then the weekend after, heading up that way again - another course, surf will be bedroom
    problems? i'll take 'em.

you make me sick!!!

nice weather, working surf, pics of the ocean behind your working surf.

and here i sit in aldershot, pssing down outside, surfs turbo removed (AGAIN!!!) waiting for my mate to give me the one that ISN'T broke and feeling very sick from these sodding paint fumes!!!

I hate DIY and I'm burning the next Focus store i see......
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      you make me sick!!!

nice weather, working surf, pics of the ocean behind your working surf.

and here i sit in aldershot, pssing down outside, surfs turbo removed (AGAIN!!!) waiting for my mate to give me the one that ISN'T broke and feeling very sick from these sodding paint fumes!!!

I hate DIY and I'm burning the next Focus store i see......
      aargh! i empahthise with you there....!

well hope your turbo is the working one and gets back on your surf alright and that you are cruising about in no time!
      problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

should've guessed turbo be naff the fact everuthing went back together very easily without a prob, until start up and oil making another appearance...phone my buddy who give us it (for nowt, so couldn't whine too much) and he laughed "yeah, couldn't remember which one was which, so this one here is the working one you'd probably prefer"

WHY NOT GIVE ME THEM BOTH?!!

"didn't think of that"

he's a plum, but a useful one. nevermind, all will be sorted for next weekend, so try send some that sunshine this way pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

enjot your fully working surf anyway m8ey!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
          should've guessed turbo be naff the fact everuthing went back together very easily without a prob, until start up and oil making another appearance...phone my buddy who give us it (for nowt, so couldn't whine too much) and he laughed "yeah, couldn't remember which one was which, so this one here is the working one you'd probably prefer"

WHY NOT GIVE ME THEM BOTH?!!

"didn't think of that"

he's a plum, but a useful one. nevermind, all will be sorted for next weekend, so try send some that sunshine this way pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

enjot your fully working surf anyway m8ey!
          thanks logey! thats a funny story your mate the usefull plum

weathers looking spot on all week - going mountain biking up in the moors mid next week too will take the surf as transport

like the lines on the 1st gen surf - dont see many of them around this way, its mostly mk2's. are they the same chassis and engine as the mk2 just different body?
          problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

from what i've learned on here, the engines differ slightly, mines a non-efi, and from experience filters are different, other than that think pretty much same, i don't think chassis same though, think 1st gen shares chassis with pick up though, but not too sure on that either.

think i'll be digging bike out the garage soon, haven't used it since november and the pins are getting thinner by the second!!!

Comment

ahh well smell that fresh air
              did all the oils in my surf yesterday ie gearbox , transfer box diffs etc etc and greased the old girl up even the bump stops and the ball joints
              spilled oil all down the dipstick (gearbox) filling it back up
              went all over engine bay
              touched exhaust with grease and oil on hands so smells great when it gets warm
              BUT!!!
              boy does she drive well
              smile factor back to around 97%
              at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
                ahh well smell that fresh air
                did all the oils in my surf yesterday ie gearbox , transfer box diffs etc etc and greased the old girl up even the bump stops and the ball joints
                spilled oil all down the dipstick (gearbox) filling it back up
                went all over engine bay
                touched exhaust with grease and oil on hands so smells great when it gets warm
                BUT!!!
                boy does she drive well
                smile factor back to around 97%
                that all sounds beautifull shaggy

this thread should be given over to posting how well a surf is running! its easy after a bit of searching around on the forum to get a bit worried (as fair enough peeps post when there is a mechanical problem to sort out)

so this thread can be reffered to when newcomers need a bit of a boost...

please lets here from all the other smooth running surf owners on here
                problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

i best bugga off til next week then!!!!

Comment

done mine today got the grease gun outand got dirty, only things i've got to do now is check my diff oil and change my fuel filter as got rained off
                    but well happy as it runs booooooooootifly
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

just a quick question here if i may. . . . . . .
                      seeing that alls fine im going to steam my engine bay off tommorow now is there any no no's or do i just crank the jet wash up full and blast away??
                      i dont want to be back on here tommorow with a frown!

Comment

i've done it many times with many motors and all i would suggest is leave the engine running while you do.

other than that the obvious like avoid prolonged spraying on battery/alternator/electrics in general

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
                          just a quick question here if i may. . . . . . .
                          seeing that alls fine im going to steam my engine bay off tommorow now is there any no no's or do i just crank the jet wash up full and blast away??
                          i dont want to be back on here tommorow with a frown!
                          mind your connections etc mines done
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

cheers chaps im gonna drench her

Comment

Whatever you do, don't spray the.............................. ............oh, he's gone!

Comment

Working...
                              X