No announcement yet.

Most Boring Job You Have Ever Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

left school and did an apprenticeship as a mechanic only to find out that i was there to just rub down a 110 land rover forward control chassis using just sand paper and a wire brush, 1980's YTS salve labour, thats were the life long hatred of all things landy came from,
    long live the japs( as far as bikes and cars go)
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

i used to work for the local hospital in the gynocological dept shaving the women before surgery etc (legs and other bits ) boring job that was
      as if
      it's a blue 2.4 litre diesel monster

Comment

My no1. most boring job was screwing caps on bottles by hand on a production line all day. Day in Day out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no.2 most boring. Washing out ingrediant buckets for 4 weeks, in a soap factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no.3 Communications underground cabeling!!!!!!!!
        I like Orientals

Comment

Mine was working for a company assembling this http://www.cordek.co.uk/cellcore_products.html
          Hours and hours of repetitive work And always the same result ....the only thing was trying to beat the time that you could assemble one unit in
          Last edited by Woodzie; 4 May 2006, 20:42.
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

When I left school I got a job on an agency for a few months until I found what I was looking for. Two of the jobs I got was a litter picker/street cleaner and at a sandwich factory washing the floors. Thank god I only did those once each.

I used to work for a forestry company. I spent 3 weeks banging fence posts into the ground with a big hand held post banger (we called a gut buster), it was SO boring. The up side was that my arms and back were like Arnold Schwarzenegger's.

I also spent 2 weeks turfing the edge of a big overspill lake. The very last day we finished, it rained like nothing else and washed all the turf away, so we had to do it all again.
            Last edited by M35A2; 4 May 2006, 20:51.

Comment

Worst job of all!! Testing hard drives for maxtor (IBM) All earth'd up and antistatic protected, Take one out the box plug it in, spin it up listen for audiable defects, Mark it put it in another box! Same again and again and again "infinitum" 12 hour shifts, day/night rotation, Lasted 7 months before i jib'd out, Thats the place i planted
              raw fish before i left, Ultra-clean atmosfere in there but not after i went
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

did a day in a plastic bottle factory... the machine blew air into the plastic and it formed in a metal mould....

they came out really fast and i had to keep an eye on 4 machines....

kept getting electric shocks from the static in the plastic whenever i touched them!

don't think i stayed till the end of the day!

done some REALLY cra_p work for parcel companies... NIGHTFREIGHT are awful.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Test Pilot .................. for ball point pens, aka Desk Jockey,

Comment

security in a office block 2 days
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

just remembered another...
                      i used to drive a sherpa van from cirencester to durham to pick up heavy tents.
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        just remembered another...
                        i used to drive a sherpa van from cirencester to durham to pick up heavy tents.
                        ARE SO you are not faithfull to your sheds then!! you have a few tents on the side!!
                        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Hmm.. probably flying all over Australia in a C-130 sitting on a box on the (lowered) ramp with various types of ... erm... 'cameras'.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                            ARE SO you are not faithfull to your sheds then!! you have a few tents on the side!!
                            nothing wrong with a tent... if you havent got a shed handy...
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

After fitting a head gasket set to the other halfs dizzy just befor chrimbo, the worst job is today takeing the head off the useless landrover P.O.S. to be pressure testing as it pee'd the coolant all over the road yesterday! This heap will be getting the boot as soon as poss for a jap motor.

Fish
                              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Potatoe peeler at a chippy.

Comment

Working...
                                X