Nifty Nev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty Nev

Hi Nev, Well you were definatly right about that oil sender port thing, I did'nt contact the seller untill tonight cos i wanted to have a look and see if it was possible to adapt something so i could use it but its miles out, apart from the thread the mateing faces of the filter and o pot are different and even if it did fit the width of the o pot would put the filter right up against the steering
    columb shaft, So it looks like i'll have to do what i did'nt want to do and have a christmas tree of tees stuck on the block, (if i can find the oil pressure
    sender), Bl00dy thing, Pity cos its a ideal solution for senders,
    The water port thing went it OK though, Ended up fitting it to the top hose as that way i only lost a litre of coolant and did'nt have to bugger about with air locks and stuff,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

The clearance between oil filter and steering shaft is a problem. Looks like about 40mm max so with engine movement on the mounts this leaves very little room for mods. I'm looking into a remote filter mount which will allow the oil filter to be mounted elsewhere. Under the wheel arch where the vacuum tank is situated would be my choice and relocate the vacuum tank. If located here though it would need a shield to protect it from possible puncture damage from rocks etc.This is another thing that is not available for the Surf. I am considering designing my own if I ever get the oil cooler housing from a Surf to do some experimenting on. I was promised one from someone but still waiting for it. Will let everyone know if the idea ever comes to anything.

Nev

Comment

Hi, Never even thought of engine movement!!!, The opot is 30mm thick so that leaves 10mm for swing, Def no good, I thought at the time its a pity there aint some fitting that would enable the filter to be angled downwards,
      Im sure ive seen that set up on tractor engines etc, The guys giving me a refund though, Just a pain haveing to find tees and thread sizes and that,
      Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X