Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Advice Needed

First post & asking questions, lol

I am looking to buy my first Surf I used to own an old C reg 4.0l Land Cruiser which I loved.

I am looking for a 3.0l ssr-x/ssr-g manual pref, got around £4k to spend. I fitted recaros in the cruiser as the standard seats where terrible. Whats a surf like on long journeys, comfort wise?

What should I look for when buying & is the 2.4 really as bad as I hear?

Lastly can anyone reccomend any good dealers in the NW or Midlands areas.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by SPEEDYSQUIRES; 28 April 2006, 20:40.

Originally posted by SPEEDYSQUIRES

I am looking to buy my first Surf I used to own an old C reg 3l Land Cruiser which I loved.

I am looking for a 3l ssr-x/ssr-g manual pref, got around £4k to spend. I fitted recaros in the cruiser as the standard seats where terrible. Whats a surf like on long journeys, comfort wise?
    my old 2.4 was nice and comfortable to drive on a long journey i had it for 2 yrs and had no probs at all with it

you only hear of the bad things with the 2.4 and not much of the good things but like i said i never had any trouble in 2 yrs.Basically look for everything you would on any vehicle if they say the head has been changed then make sure there is paperworkto prove it if not dont bother with it.check the 4wd is working ok on loose surface as you cant drive the 2nd gen in 4wd on the road.you should be able to get a good 2.4 or even 3lt for your money .take a lok in the for sale section to see what you can get

Thanks in advance.
    hope this helps you out.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by SPEEDYSQUIRES

I am looking to buy my first Surf I used to own an old C reg 3l Land Cruiser which I loved.

I am looking for a 3l ssr-x/ssr-g manual pref, got around £4k to spend. I fitted recaros in the cruiser as the standard seats where terrible. Whats a surf like on long journeys, comfort wise?

Thanks in advance.
      Hi there send me your e-mail address and i can help you out......I'm in Marple

Comment

Hi there send me your e-mail address and i can help you out......I'm in Marple
        SPEEDYSQUIRES@hotmail.com

Thanks

Comment

Want to have a look round over the weekend, anyone else recommend any dealers in the Manchester area.

Comment

Working...
          X