BioDiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioDiesel

Has anybody used BioDiesel in their Surf yet? I joined an organisation finding cheapest fuels in my area and found a BioDiesel supplier saving 10p a litre. It does not quote Toyota as a user. Anyone using it ? I have also been told it smells like a fish & Chipshop when you start up.
    Last edited by RogerRoger; 25 April 2006, 21:15. Reason: afterthought

i stuck a few litres of veg oil in my tank this week, just to see, and yep - smells like a chipshop! no noticeable difference to performance though. i'm guessing you get the same smell with the biodiesel this guy sells.
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

bio is fine for the surf as it only contains about 5 to 10% veg iol since some guys on here run their cars on up to 80% pure veg you will be fine.
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

there lots here using veg now
        i register as of last week and i running 100% at the mo with no problems at all
        apart from want to stop at every chippy i pass
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          and his latest mod is a cruet set.........

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            Hi Pops,
            Are you running 100% Vege or BioDiesel?

I've been using 50/50 Vege/Dino over the winter, and just starting to increase the ratio to hopefully get up to 90/10 in the summer.

Have you made any mods? 100% Vege would be a bit of a strain on the fuel pump wouldn't it?

Dave

PS/ Just started using the first batch of filtered Waste Vegetable Oil, and there is no change to performance. Got some spare change in my pocket too
            Just Vegging Out

Comment

When my truck gets to 1/4, I put 6lts of Tesco's finest Rapeseed oil in, and top up with diesel. This way I can buffer the increased cost of diesel, and keep the veg oil to a minimum.

I'm looking for a house with a workshop/big garage. I'm going to build a bio-diesel plant in there. Mind you, when you add the cost of Lye and Methanol, the only way to save money is to go to the local chippy and get your oil for free.

Comment

Be carefull about using old oil unless you know how to process it, The guy i got me front bars off i preston buggered his pump up doing that, Said it cost him 2 grand to get it fixed, New pump etc, I think he had a ready supply from resturants, I shove in the odd few Lts and came by 22lts of consumers pride a few weeks back, put in 10lts with afull tank and if anything the truck run better with it, Smells a bit but it offsets the cost of dino so what the f**k.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Nothing to lose then

Originally posted by RogerRoger
                  Has anybody used BioDiesel in their Surf yet? I joined an organisation finding cheapest fuels in my area and found a BioDiesel supplier saving 10p a litre. It does not quote Toyota as a user. Anyone using it ? I have also been told it smells like a fish & Chipshop when you start up.
                  Judging by the replies, Looks like I am on a winner. I was a bit reluctant to try it but I think I will give it a whirl. Someone I know bought a thousand litres for his fleet and brought it back in a lorry. I am told he swallowed half of it trying to syphon it off into the tank !

Comment

i saw a trooper today with the reg B10 DSL...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i was informed RAPE SEED is the best , cos its thinner than veg oil , does it make any difference guys ????

Comment

rapeseed is usally the cheapest,sunflower gells at a lower temp but if it says veg oil it would normally be rape but they will mix whatever is cheapest at the time. when you start get a new filter and change it after a thousand or so miles `cos veg will drag up any rubbish from your tank

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoffmeister
                          Hi Pops,
                          Are you running 100% Vege or BioDiesel?

I've been using 50/50 Vege/Dino over the winter, and just starting to increase the ratio to hopefully get up to 90/10 in the summer.

Have you made any mods? 100% Vege would be a bit of a strain on the fuel pump wouldn't it?

Dave

PS/ Just started using the first batch of filtered Waste Vegetable Oil, and there is no change to performance. Got some spare change in my pocket too
                          sorry only just checked this thread
                          100% VEG for 2 weeks now and going well, with NO mods
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by ssray
                            rapeseed is usally the cheapest,sunflower gells at a lower temp but if it says veg oil it would normally be rape but they will mix whatever is cheapest at the time. when you start get a new filter and change it after a thousand or so miles `cos veg will drag up any rubbish from your tank

I have noticed in Tesco's, that Sunflower Oil seems to be thinner than Rapeseed. I haven't tried Sunflower though.

Comment

I've used sunflower a few times when normal veg has been unavailable - don't recall any difference in the running - although it has been in small quantities.

Trev
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X