No announcement yet.

Oil Catch Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bob i found a normal hosepipe with a variable end on is good. set it to thin jet to get a powerful flow. stand quite far back and it cleans mud out really well without bending fins.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Cheers Tim !

I thought I'd done it last year but the temperature went up last week when I was going for the caravan towing speed record uphill in Wales ........

Guess I'm gonna have to strip of a few bits and do the job properly !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

So it goes inline in the pipe from the rocker cover to the plastic pipe going
        across the rocker cover to the turbo? Why is oil going back into the air intake
        a bad thing? Sorry for the numpty questions, just curious BTW, that little air
        filter on the top of that catch tank link that was posted, was that merely to let
        extra air back into the breather pipe?

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          How about one of those aluminium drinks bottles with a drain off valve at the bottom?
          Sounds good, has anyone actually tried and tested this method
          Also where do you get the drain valve from ??
          Regards
          Kev.
          2.4 black beast

Comment

You can get the drain-off valves from shops or merchants that sell air compressor spares.
            I have a hose coming from the rocker cover into a bottle (catch tank) and a small filter on the intake tube where the original hose used to connect on to.

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=6978
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 16 June 2006, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              You can get the drain-off valves from shops or merchants that sell air compressor spares.
              I have a hose coming from the rocker cover into a bottle (catch tank) and a small filter on the intake tube where the original hose used to connect on to.

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=6978
              Thanks mate, have you got a picture as they sometimes can explain a thousend words
              Regards
              Kev.
              2.4 black beast

Comment

Working...
              X