Whats the diffence to a Landcruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    I'd much rather have a 3rd gen Surf than a Colorado/Prado, far nicer looking.

Always room for a Amazon though, but that is a completely different beasty.
    True on both counts
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
      1) Cheaper.
      2) Surf has higher spec & more 'extras' fitted as standard.
      3) Surf won't have towed anything (yet!) most UK Landcruisers will come with a towbar and the uncertain history that goes with it.
      4) A UK Landcruiser will have been driven on salted roads for x years (no road salt used in Japan).
      5) A UK Landcruiser (well any UK 4x4) will stink of dogs and/or fags.
      6) New import Surfs are less likely to have been offroad.
      7) UK Landcruiser will have many more miles on the engine (though not necessarily on the clock (a Top 10 car for odometer crimes apparently!)).
      8) A Japanese car tends to be better looked after than the same age UK equivalent.

Any more?

Most of the colarados & prados I've seen look like imports.
      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
        Most of the colarados & prados I've seen look like imports.
        If it's a Prado it's an import, if it's a Colorado chances are it's a UK vehicel unless it is an import with Colorado badges.

Comment

L/c

Hi here is my "80" series Landcruiser which l have had for 10 years now and l would not change it for all the tea in china, its a 4.2T/D ALL wheel drive VX "Limited" with a fridge and a ice cube maker and a Toyota factory fitted WINCH hidden under the front bumper.
          Attached Files
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

nice beastie Hilux
            I fancy getting a cruiser at some point in future,
            or a 3rd gen surf...
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
              Hi here is my "80" series Landcruiser which l have had for 10 years now and l would not change it for all the tea in china, its a 4.2T/D ALL wheel drive VX "Limited" with a fridge and a ice cube maker and a Toyota factory fitted WINCH hidden under the front bumper.
              I do like those... not too mad on the colour... but I think the missus needs one so that I can drive it... on the off days when I need a change.

Comment

Working...
              X