My apologies Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies Coolant

I have searched and read threads about flushing the system for two nights and am still a bit confused. I can (I think) change the thermostat OK.
    but what is the best way to flush the system. ie where is the best place to connect the garden hose, and how does one undo and fasten those hose clips
    that resemble a split pin on a metal band.
    I have at the moment no cooling problems as far as I know but I am trying to ensure I dont get any. Again apologies if the questions are stupid and boring to all you surfers who have done the procedure.
    Trust your Hound.

i dont know if its the best place but i removed the thermostat and ran the hosepipe through there for ten minutes, to sort of backflush it, then put the hose in the other part of the thermostat casing and run it for another ten minutes.

Comment

When you remove the lower rad hose to replace the thermostat, leave it off, remove the rad cap and flush through the rad from there.
      Then remove the top rad hose from the rad and flush through the hose untill clean water is coming out through the thermostat housing. When the water runs out clean, fit the new stat.
      To remove those hose clips, just cut or break them off and fit new ones as re-using the old ones can cause them to leak.

Comment

dont forget heaters on full and remove pipes where they goes thru bulkhead and stick hose up both ends to clean out matrix.

i guess mines missing a rad cap, mine only has one on the stat housing and expany bottle, nothing on the rad itself
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Thats how it's supposed to be John. The 3.0 has the cap on the rad.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Thats how it's supposed to be John. The 3.0 has the cap on the rad.
            i have not had the luxury to to see under the bonnet of a 3 ltr,
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
            X