• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find it quicker from the behind too 20 mins and both sides done
    and that includes a cup of tea made by her indoors at half time
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Just changed mine this morning, timed it at 23mins, that was removing the batteries and screenwash/header tank method.
      After fitting the wiring upgrade a couple of months ago I installed 80w/100w lamps which were great, however after getting flashed a couple of times while on dipped beam I decided they had to go and picked a couple of these Osram Silverstar Zenon gas bulbs up at believe it or not a car boot sale. Brand new still sealed in the pack for £4 pr.
      I changed the first one and switched on full beam and in full daylight I couldn't see any difference between the two.
      If I get flashed at now it's tough luck
      Attached Files
      Last edited by paulh; 22 April 2006, 17:41.
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
        Search for 'headlight upgrade' or 'rockcrawler'.

Basicaly the wiring to the headlamps in toyotas is a bit rubbish. you loose about 3 volts out of your 13 on the way to the lamp - and this looses about half the light or more, Xenons are even more fussy about volt loss that halogens.

putting on bigger wires fed from a relay avoids using any significant voltage on the way to the bulb, and makes all the difference.

You can make your own, or buy a plug in kit for 30quid.
        WOW, that iz newz to me. I think that mod's just gone on my to do list
        Cheers
        xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
          Search for 'headlight upgrade' or 'rockcrawler'.

Basicaly the wiring to the headlamps in toyotas is a bit rubbish. you loose about 3 volts out of your 13 on the way to the lamp - and this looses about half the light or more, Xenons are even more fussy about volt loss that halogens.

putting on bigger wires fed from a relay avoids using any significant voltage on the way to the bulb, and makes all the difference.

You can make your own, or buy a plug in kit for 30quid.
          best mod you can do if you drive alot at night and not expensive
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

OK, I've read the headlight upgrade threads but it all seems to be aimed at the 2nd Gens ......

Last year I changed the bulbs for some 55/60W 50% brighter things from Halfrauds and the lighting did improve noticeably but I'd still like a bit more if it's not too much hassle so ..... where can I get a 3rd gen loom upgrade kit ?

Cheers

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
            X