Ebay rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay rip off

I have been looking for some fog lights for the other halfs Honda, the standard ones got broken so I removed them, anyway a set have come up on ebay and luckily enough they are in Hailsham 3-4 miles away, so I sent the bloke a message asking if I win them could I pick them up, thus saving the £10 postage, and the cheeky sod replied saying yes ok you can collect, but he will charge me £5 for handling.

Is this legal under ebay rules, if it is he can stick them where the sun dont shine, we dont need them that much.

If its not mentioned in the ad you can probably tell him to poke it.

I hate inflated postage prices on ebay.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i know where i would tell him to stick um
      and bet you wont see anything up there either
      contact e-bay and ask um
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        I have been looking for some fog lights for the other halfs Honda, the standard ones got broken so I removed them, anyway a set have come up on ebay and luckily enough they are in Hailsham 3-4 miles away, so I sent the bloke a message asking if I win them could I pick them up, thus saving the £10 postage, and the cheeky sod replied saying yes ok you can collect, but he will charge me £5 for handling.

Is this legal under ebay rules, if it is he can stick them where the sun dont shine, we dont need them that much.
        i think if he told you before you bid/buy then it is legal, but if you haven't bid/bought yet, tell him to stuff it, there are some right wanchors on ebay
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I have no objection to anyone making themselves a buck or two, I even voiced support for Mr Ball bearing over this. What I do detest is blatant greed and avarice. Handling charge indeed, that is blatant greed. Legal or illegal, negative feedback, whatever, I would sooner go somewhere else and pay more for the lights than give him a handling charge.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            If its not mentioned in the ad you can probably tell him to poke it.

I hate inflated postage prices on ebay.
            One of my 'hobbies' is questioning peoples postage prices on E-bay and then telling them what rip-off merchants they are!

Go on give it a go- even if your'e not interested in buying the item.

Comment

I had a similar experience with a seller here in Australia. He had no feedback and the add looked a little suspicious. I asked about pickup and he wanted to charge a fee for this. He is now on my list of sellers not to deal with. Later found out the guy had bid on an exact same item being sold by another seller. He had pinched the whole add from this seller and submited it under his user name so I really don't think he had the item at all and the pickup fee was just a ploy to put me off so he could sell a non existent item to someone else.

Nev

Comment

The high postage charges are a ploy used to try and get round Ebay's final valuation fee - especially now Gordon takes his share.

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

When I asked what the handling charge was about he replied with this.

{It is called a handling surcharge as i will have to be around to meet you, I am very busy all the time and it will take up some of my time. I have done cash on collection before, only to wait around for no one to turn up! Choice is yours?}

So he will cut the £10 postage charge from the final transaction, and then pocket the £5 handling charge on collection, no way, he can stick them up his arse.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    When I asked what the handling charge was about he replied with this.

{It is called a handling surcharge as i will have to be around to meet you, I am very busy all the time and it will take up some of my time. I have done cash on collection before, only to wait around for no one to turn up! Choice is yours?}

So he will cut the £10 postage charge from the final transaction, and then pocket the £5 handling charge on collection, no way, he can stick them up his arse.
                    yes his loss not yours
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Working...
                    X