91 2.4 Surf query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 2.4 Surf query

Hi, new to the site. Great to see there's advice and help out there !
    I've got the chance of having a 91 2.4 auto Surf. Only thing is that the front nearside has taken a knock,and I reckon the chassis by the a-frame has been knocked about 1-2 inches out. It will also need the steering box replaced. Has anyone out there had experience of straightening Hilux surfs ?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
    Cheers, Dai.
    Hi, I should have mentioned that it is cheap. £200, and the rest of it is A1.
    Does this price make it a viable option.
    Last edited by Silverback Surfer; 20 April 2006, 17:52.

Walk away, don't buy it, save ya money and buy a straight one, coz it will cost too much to repair, it will work out cheaper to buy a good one in the long run.
    I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
      Walk away, don't buy it, save ya money and buy a straight one, coz it will cost too much to repair, it will work out cheaper to buy a good one in the long run.
      I agree , walk away . If the chassis has a twist/damage it has had a hard knock and to be honest is not worth the agro of trying to fix it due to the age and value of the vehicle . You can buy a straight Surf for less then it will cost to repair .
      If you want a chassis I know where there is one , but be quick , we will be cutting it up soon .
      It may also be logged as a total loss on MIAFTA .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
      X