1st gen owners please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gen owners please help.

got milners order through today. rocker gasket, filter kit and sump bolt washers to hopefully get motor ready for salisbury.

the only thing that fits my motor from the order is the washers.

so here goes, the oil filter currently on the motor is a coopers Z877, does anyone know of a firm who supplies coopers oil filters.

my surf has a 2LT engine, non efi.

the parts i've ordered are obviously for the efi models, but so far i can't find evidence that non efi service parts should be any different.

for now i've just tightened bolts on rocker (3 14mm bolts along cover, not 8 or so on outside as the gasket i've just bought has).

what sodding parts should i be ordering??????????

i am also unable to take pics of engine to show you because my sister has my camera, not any help i know, sorry about this
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Logey , you have the early 2l engine with the same head as the pick ups . You need to order for a pick up 2.4 non turbo . Sumo knows the full spec as he had the same prob when he changed his head when it cracked . The wrong head came . Most of the gaskets he had to get from Stevo ( as in header advert) along with the head .
    Hope this helps . I advise talk to Stevo and say you have the same as Sumo and he will know wot you want . Providing he will supply just gaskets and no head !!
    Last edited by Vagrant No2; 19 April 2006, 17:10.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

cheers matey, i was thinking maybe along those lines of the 2L engine, so will go there next. buggar is i ordered the milners batch in triplicate to save hassle in future, so off to ebay i go...

Comment

Hi Logey,for your oil filter go to your local wilco/partco or who ever you local parts shop is (DONT go to halfrauds) and get a WIX oilfilter no;WL7096 or equivlant.Your rockerbox gasget will have to be a genuine toyota part,I assume your 1st gen is a LN61V-msx in wich case therockerbox gasket is part no;11213-54030 prod date 02/87-89/03 (or 11213-54020 prod date 11/84-02/87)
        If you have any trouble with your local toyota stealer let me kmow and I will get it from down here and send it up to you (or get it to vagrant no2 for delivery at salisbury).
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

cheers mate, i'm off hunting tomorrow so fingers crossed i'll get what i need, if i can't get the rocker gasket i'll let you know, its not urgent at the mo, but the others are. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X