X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    pictures and templates please!!!
    any tips on websites for leather?
    i keep getting funny looks buying er leather things from charity shops.
    (i am allowed to, its for making falconry stuff! no purves here.)

http://www.annsummers.com/products.a...29&match_type=

Comment

Oh... thats where those pictures went...

Where the lawyers number gone...?

Comment

Its degenerated!! Threads always seem to come round to percy filth, Anyway
        back to carpet, Think i'll do the carpet in black, 6 meters will give me plenty
        of spare to do the door card bottoms and some boxwork in the back and make some new over mats, The grey one in there looks shabby and its got fag burns in it, Black goes with the grey, I've already sprayed the lower half of the dash in black satin over a plastic primer, Go's on quite well and dont look to tarty (glossy), Martin! Thanks for the offer, I like the idea of a leather dash, Dont think i could afford that at the moment but if i win the lottery I dont like leather cloth it always looke cheap and nasty,
        I'll see what this speaker cloth looks like, Think i'll need to put some padding or thin foam on the pods to pad em out a bit, Ian
        Attached Files
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ooooh, that black finish has come out nice....

Details please... brands, etc...

Comment

I think its dupli-colour but ill check tomorrow however most accessorie shops do the plastic primer, Spray it on lightly and as it tacks off (slightly sticky)
            spray a light coat of top colour followed by a heavier one as that is nearly dry, The primer helps bond the top coat to the plastic, This is good for stiff plastic (dash ) but for plyable trim you'll need upholstry paint, I'm still looking
            for some of that, Stuff i used to use they dont make anymore, You can use any top paint cellulose or acrilic as long as you prime the plastic first, Ian

Comment

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9090 Andy this may be of some use

Comment

Looking smart Ian! I've done the same to my lower dash and centre consol, but I used satin black hammerite in my spraygun over plastic primer.
                I've covered the lid of the consol in black leather.

Comment

Yeah that console lid get a lot of use, I use it to swing my big arse into position, Dont think paint will stand up to it, I was going to leave the centre
                  and the lid grey and just colour the sides, but i'll need to put two plates to stop the seat belt anchors scuffing it,

Comment

Yep, that's the problem I've got, scuff marks. I'm gonna get some of those black felt pads that stick on furniture leg feet and stick them on to the seatbelt receivers where they rub.

Comment

Good idea, I was wondering what to use, Even though of two chrome or polished curved things screwed on where they rub,

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        Thanks Ian, nice one... if in doubt... Frosts will sort you out... got two brochures lying around here somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
                          once you're done do you fancy making me some pods lol!
                          No probs mate will soon sort that out for you,let me know when you would like then doing ???
                          CHEER FOLKS,
                          mARTIN
                          OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY

Comment

Working...
                          X