Summer is on it's way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer is on it's way

As the days get longer and the sun starts to warm up a bit, time ,I thought, to think about a bit of fresh air to cool things down a little in the truck. But I have a couple of problems that I'm sure someone out there can help with.

1) Tailgate window has stopped working as it should. Works fine off the key and will go up from the cab switch, but wont go down from the switch.

2)Air con aint working. Push the air con button in and.... nothing.Light dont come on and no cool air. Been having probs with the heater controls. ie the electric motor is'nt working as it should and I have to shift that white plastic thing by hand. But that another story, I think. Had the bottom crank pully changed not long ago and all the front end had to be taken out, could something have not been reconected.

so, it's over to you guys.
    Cheers, Spoggle.
    Last edited by Spoggle; 17 April 2006, 19:59.

i had the same problem with the inside switch... try spraying contact cleaner all over it - worked for me. also check your WINDOW LOCK IS NOT ON!!!

you may need gas on the aircon buit usually that makes the light flash - try checking the fuses (there are some up under the glove box too!)
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Aircon switch on mine does nothing unless the fan is on. No light or anything.

Put the demister/vent fan on one click and the light lights and the air is conditioned

Comment

Must be the time of year for electrical faults.....

My car alarm went off three times last night 1:00 am, 3:00 am & 4:00 am. At 5:00 am get woken by one the kids wanting a glass of water....

This morning the CD player won't work. All this on top of my window troubles last week!

Comment

On the subject of Electrical faults I am going to try to say nothing except.............

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRR

Does ££££££££££ mean anything ?

Trev (taking his wallet for therapy!!)
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            i had the same problem with the inside switch... try spraying contact cleaner all over it - worked for me. also check your WINDOW LOCK IS NOT ON!!!

you may need gas on the aircon buit usually that makes the light flash - try checking the fuses (there are some up under the glove box too!)

More fuse boxes and lecky stuff than enough in a Surf. Anyone know where the air-con fuse is in 92 Surf?

Chhers: Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
              More fuse boxes and lecky stuff than enough in a Surf. Anyone know where the air-con fuse is in 92 Surf?

Chhers: Spoggle
              It's likely to be in 1 of 3 places:

1) The fusebox behind the panel by the driver's feet
              2) The fusebox on the right in the engine bay
              3) the fusebox behind the glove box

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Cheers Trev, will explore tomorow. Hope I dont get lost.

Spoggle

Comment

2)Air con aint working. Push the air con button in and.... nothing.Light dont come on and no cool air. Been having probs with the heater controls. ie the electric motor is'nt working as it should and I have to shift that white plastic thing by hand. But that another story, I think. Had the bottom crank pully changed not long ago and all the front end had to be taken out, could something have not been reconected.

This is probably down to the garage that did the pulley. They probably let the aircon gas out to make the strip down easier. I paid a garage to change a waterpump on my 2.4 when I had it and they did this to mine, I was not impressed.
                  I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
                  X