thermostat removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat removal

has anyone done this and not replaced it, i.e to keep the coolant flowing full time, i know it will then take a little longer for engine to get up to temp and is not recommended for cold climates but that doesn`t effect me and it sounds like another good idea for helping keep the 2.4 that bit further away from head problems. any views pos or neg welcomed. Ta muchly
    Ian

Hi Ian, hows the rad holding out??

Oh, and have a read of this....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...mostat+removal

Comment

holding just dandy thanks Vince, not done megga miles but have had some hot days lately and not slightest leak, gonna check that link out now mate, ta
      Ian

Comment

Hot days huh, Alright mate, don't rub it in!

Comment

sorry matey, wasn`t trying to have a dig ( 34 degrees other day tee hee) but am now a little wiser to the thermostat query. seems there is conflicting interest and opinions. i think it would help as i believe its there mainly to help with cooler climates. local 4x4 garage here recommends the removal on all trucks he services even some very modern ones and has never had any negative comeback in the last 2 years, however he is bound to say that so thought i`d ask here first, then do it.... if i could just put a 3.0 litre in me baby and have done with it life would be sweet.
          Ian

Comment

It would be easier to buy a 3 litre than swap engines!

Comment

Originally posted by SURFVIRGIN
              local 4x4 garage here recommends the removal on all trucks he services even some very modern ones and has never had any negative comeback in the last 2 years
              So this guy thinks that all vehicle manufacturers have got it wrong. Cooler climates??? What rubbish that is. Climate has nothing to do with it. It's there to let the engine reach operating temperature quickly and then maintain a constant temperature. Removing a thermostat will in no way prevent a cracked head if other problems exist. That's my opinion.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X