yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

harmonic balancer broke by main dealer??? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harmonic balancer broke by main dealer??? help!

Had my cam belt changed by Toyota main dealer last month and noticed a quiet squeak when i picked it up, thought it was the new cam belt just needed to bed in a bit so thought nothing of it, now its really loud, so i took it back today and he said its the crankshaft bush or as i have found out from here,(great site!) a harmonic balancer. Have looked at the various threads about this bush and it seams the most common problem that makes them go is the pulley being removed incorrectly and pulling the bush apart. I have just phoned back to explain this to them and have been fobbed off till Tuesday as the service people have gone home because of no work!??
    Also thinking back there was spots of what could be WD40 around the engine bay that looked like it had sprayed off from a belt.
    Just need some advice as to where i stand on this as i think its there fault its gone, too much of a coincidence that its gone after a cam belt change.

You are being fobbed off if they didn't know about the harmonic balancer.
    They've all gone home 'cos it's a bank holiday weekend. Only thing I can suggest is you drive down there on tuesday and ask to speak to the service manager and tell them you want it put right as it wasn't making that noise before they touched it. Tell him or her that you've notice the oil sprayed around the engine bay, and don't be fobbed off by the phrase "it's an import mate"
    As a last resort if you get no joy is citizens advice and trading standards.

Keep us posted for future reference regarding dealer expieriences.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]You are being fobbed off if they didn't know about the harmonic balancer.
      They've all gone home 'cos it's a bank holiday weekend. /QUOTE]

Thats what i thought. will keep you all posted.

Comment

Well, armed with info from here and after a few phone calls today talking to the main manager, he admitted fault on there behalf and the surf is booked in for a new pulley free of charge!! Can't fault that at all!! A happy surfer once again.

Comment

Marvelous!

Comment

Originally posted by surfer dude
            Well, armed with info from here and after a few phone calls today talking to the main manager, he admitted fault on there behalf and the surf is booked in for a new pulley free of charge!! Can't fault that at all!! A happy surfer once again.
            was that Lindop brothers, i belive they are very surf freindly
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Sounds like yer got what yer deserved & a right result

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                was that Lindop brothers, i belive they are very surf freindly
                Yeah thats the people!

Comment

Working...
                X