i lost my 4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i lost my 4wd

since i had an alarm fitted yesterday , possibly coincidence , but my 4wd light on the dash isnt lighting up also its not engaging the 4wd system when i press the switch , i hear a relay working and thats it , no 4wd !!!!!

any ideas guys , could it be just a fuse thats blown , if so where do i look - thanks .

what speeds do i need to be doing before it will even engage. will it engage just standing still .its all new to me this 4wd game.
    Last edited by internetsurfer; 14 April 2006, 15:55.

Originally posted by internetsurfer
    since i had an alarm fitted yesterday , possibly coincidence , but my 4wd light on the dash isnt lighting up also its not engaging the 4wd system when i press the switch , i hear a relay working and thats it , no 4wd !!!!!

any ideas guys , could it be just a fuse thats blown , if so where do i look - thanks .

what speeds do i need to be doing before it will even engage. will it engage just standing still .its all new to me this 4wd game.

It will engage below 60KMPH so long as you take your foot off the gas for a second. It wont engage whilst drive is applied, back of the gas and it drops in.

Yes it will engage standing still.

Sounds like yours has a problem. Does the buzzer sound??

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

buzzer ????

i hear no buzzer ,the 4wd worked when i got it but even then i heard no buzzer.

if the relay is clicking its possibly not electrical then , just trying to eliminate the alarm people from the equation as the wires they went to are starter motor and ignition.
      Last edited by internetsurfer; 14 April 2006, 16:39.

Comment

buzzer ????

i hear no buzzer ,the 4wd worked when i got it but even then i heard no buzzer.

if the relay is clicking its possibly not electrical then , just trying to eliminate the alarm people from the equation as the wires they went to are starter motor and ignition.

would look in the engine bay for a vacuum hose that may have come off as they were working on it.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

any idea where and what to look for , i'm clueless as its only been with me for 1 week .

Comment

Your profile suggests you have a 2nd gen motor. If so, do not use the 4WD on tarmac as there is no centre diff on the 2nd gen. But Ok to use if it's a 3rd gen motor.
            Mike G

Comment

thanks tallyman . thats 1 thing i have learned from here .

Comment

any idea where and what to look for , i'm clueless as its only been with me for 1 week .
                suggest you look around the area where they did the wiring. You are looking for the small rubber hoses that control the vacuum to the 4wd. Just look for any that are loose/not attached.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

most of the wiring is near the drivers fuse box , would a vaccuum hose be near there, i looked under the bonnet , it looked in order, i didnt see any pipes loose , but then i dont know which pipes feed the 4wd system .i'm at a loss

i have the toyota epc but cant find the pipes on there either.
                  Last edited by internetsurfer; 14 April 2006, 20:22.

Comment

is it possible that the dash bulb has blown . how can i check 4wd is engaged , i;m guessing jack up the front wheels and try spinning one - any help appreciated , i;m really peeed off here .

Comment

i just been underneath , i see 1 rubber hose comming from the gearbox to what looks like the control solonoid , with engine running it wasnt sucking or blowing , all the electrics seem fine , both clicking when i place the plugs back with ignition on.

i'm thinking the little arm that kicks the 4wd in is stuck ????

its booked into the garage next week

Comment

HOORAH !!!!
                        one last look under the bonnet reveiled the dickhead who fitted my alarm had put the siren ontop of a vacuum pipe drivers side jamming it closed , i took off the siren to free the hose and the light now comes on and 4wd engages. thank the lord .thanks to those that helped , those that didnt help have a good day .

Comment

Working...
                        X