Full Engine or Block ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Engine or Block ??

As i mentioned in the tech section need a block 4 my 4-Runner. Getting lots of quotes for complete engine but all are saying they are of Imports. Will that be ok. Had a couple of quotes for Blocks

Engines range from 695 - 900 + vat
    Blocks range from 400 -595 + vat

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice
    Last edited by MAD MANXMAN; 14 April 2006, 10:21.

yes talk to Tonyn or stevo mate there the men who can
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
      yes talk to Tonyn or stevo mate there the men who can
      He's already spoken to us!

Had experiance with used import engines! just ask Charlie.

Make sure you get a good warrentee. The first engine we got sent, a 50,000 mile garrenteed engine in A1 condition turned out to have loudest rod knock you've ever heard, a head that was cracked in all for cylinders and looked like it bounced around the boat all the way from Japan.

But they sent a replacement which was a OK motor but to be honest it would have worked out not much more expensive and certainly quicker to get a recon'ed motor from Stevo. As at the end of the day, you've still only got a used engine that could be 1000miles away from being worn out.

Charlie paid about £750 for a 2.4TD with fuel pump and turbo. (and then twice to fit it and take it out and fit the second lump!! )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Spoke to Stevo. He said he might have a block. Just waiting for him to call me back

I want my truck back

Comment

Working...
        X