K&n Air Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&n Air Filter

due to frequent servicing of the 3.0 td , i was thinking about putting a k&n filter into the airbox .anyone have 1 fitted , if yes what was the difference if any in the way the motor ran - thanks

Have a read here....then see if you still want one.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...26n+Air+Filter

Comment

I have a KN fitted.....not like in that post though and its in place of the standard filter so works perfectly
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

notice any differences then dog book ???

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
          I have a KN fitted.....not like in that post though and its in place of the standard filter so works perfectly
          Me too, only thing I find is it is rather noisy in that you can hear it sucking air all the time. It does breath better and does go a little quicker
          Correction just had a look at mine and it is a Greddy Airinx system not a K&N. (Came with the Truck)
          Last edited by Taliesins; 13 April 2006, 12:29.
          Trust your Hound.

Comment

GREDDI ?? that's an induction kit , i just want a k&n air filter , just like the stock filter.

Comment

Ah ha! This is what you need then......K&N E-2487. http://www.dcdezign.com/details.asp?item=e-2487

Comment

THATS THE 1 VINCE, i wont thank you for an induction kit - way too much heat soak from the engine and hot turbo.

Comment

I had them remove the K&N from mine before I picked it up.
                  Sounded like a right piece of chav
                  The only reason I kept the stainless exhaust is cos, well, its stainless!
                  Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                    GREDDI ?? that's an induction kit , i just want a k&n air filter , just like the stock filter.
                    OK please explain whats the difference between an induction kit and an air filter attached is a pic of my engine looks like an air filter to me.
                    I am new to both Diesel and Turbos so please bear with me
                    Attached Files
                    Trust your Hound.

Comment

yours is an induction kit - ok if its enclosed from engine temps with a cold air feed going to it , yours at the moment when the engine gets hot will suck in all that hot air which isnt good, cold air is denser and contains more oxygen ,which in turn equals more power and better detonation within the piston chambers.The filter i'm after sits inside the stock air box ( removed from yours ) which receives cold air via a tube leading down to the inner wing or somewhere similar away from engine heat, the k&n performance filter isnt made of paper and wont clog as easily therefore choking the engine of vital air/oxygen .It is also re usable upto 1 million miles .so a little of the expence is gone out of servicing , yes 6 quid for a filter , but replacing it time and again = 60 to 100 quid.

your motor looks to have a catch can built into it too , this catches c rap from the breathers as it passes the can , maybe you should check it , it may need emptying
                      Last edited by internetsurfer; 13 April 2006, 20:02.

Comment

im going to do the same thing with a K&N filter inside the original box, that way you can swap to a snorkel with no issues either
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                        X