strange clonk from rear of my truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange clonk from rear of my truck.

hi all can anybody help a few weeks back i was driving my truck i turned left and straight over a hump in the road the was a noise from the rear as if something had hit the rear of the truch but there was nothing behind me no ever so often if i drive off a kerb with the suspention on hard i get a simallur sound but when in soft I've not noticed anything could any body advise of what my be the cause (could it be my rear shocks need replacing ). ty 4 any help dave boy

Rear anti roll bar bracket broken, at a guess??
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Davey boy
      hi all can anybody help a few weeks back i was driving my truck i turned left and straight over a hump in the road the was a noise from the rear as if something had hit the rear of the truch but there was nothing behind me no ever so often if i drive off a kerb with the suspention on hard i get a simallur sound but when in soft I've not noticed anything could any body advise of what my be the cause (could it be my rear shocks need replacing ). ty 4 any help dave boy
      could be your anti roll bar bushes or bracket broke you can get them from milners cheap enough
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

most likely anti-rollbar bracket. Also check your spare wheel is secure, and that the jack under the rear seat isn't moving around and knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          most likely anti-rollbar bracket. Also check your spare wheel is secure, and that the jack under the rear seat isn't moving around and knocking.
          well i know its not the spare wheel as its not underslung .the jack under the seat is opened to fit nice and snug. so sound like the anti roller bracket or bushes where would i find them to check if its them. ty all 4 your help
          ( I find it a real pain in the rear not being able to pull out a haynes manual to find every thing my self but driving with a huge grin makes me forget lol)

Comment

Heres some pics, It's called the stabiliser bar in the diagram, and is bolted to the rear axel via some rubber bushes. (black rubber)
            Attached Files

Comment

Heres some pics, It's called the stabiliser bar in the diagram, and is bolted to the rear axel via some rubber bushes. (black rubber)
              thers a copywright on that pick Vince lol

john
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

hehehe!!

Comment

Ty 4 the pics i will get under the beast at first light and see what i can find ty all muchly apprieciated all Davey boy

Comment

hehehe!!
                    Where's your avatar gone, Vince
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

Spring cleaning!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey boy
                        It's possible the top of one of the shocks has become unbolted. Happened to me once and took me a while to find what was wrong. By the time I found it the thread on the shock was wrecked.

Comment

MOT Failure

Yup

Sounds like anti-rollbar bracket/bush. Mine failed it's MOT 'cos of that.

Comment

Working...
                          X