yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Gas Fitters/Appliance Repairers Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gas Fitters/Appliance Repairers Please?

Non Surf related I know but........................... .

We have a Cannon Camberley Double Oven which still looks immaculate and is about 6 years old. There are two things wrong with it, the first being that the electronic ignition has got a mind of its own and clicks away merrily when the main oven is hot. The second problem is that the top oven has stopped getting up to anywhere near the selected operating temperature.

The first repairer Mrs KS spoke to said that he wouldn't even come out because the model is obsolete at six years old. (My Nans cooker bought in 1950 was converted to natural gas in the early 70s and went stong until they moved house in the early 80s!!!!!)

Can anyone in the trade confirm that the cooker is too old to get repaired?
    It's only a hobby!

Some spares are available from. http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue.asp

http://www.espares.co.uk/productsear...92&ma=880&sa=1

Comment

Cheers Andy. I am now trying to explain to Mrs KS that parts are available but she says it cant be true because the one repairer she rang said so!!!

She has the new cookers catalogue open on the table. She replaced a perfectly good fridge/freezer at the weekend on the independant advice of a shop that sell fridge/freezers. That set us back over £300.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Not a gas fitter or appliance repairer, but I've seen a few dodgy gas ovens in my time and I'm yet to come across one that can't be fixed with a hammer or a wire brush (to clear the crud off the burners).

If you can buy the parts anyway, you can certainly fix it. Just got to find someone who wants to do the job.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          Not a gas fitter or appliance repairer, but I've seen a few dodgy gas ovens in my time and I'm yet to come across one that can't be fixed with a hammer or a wire brush (to clear the crud off the burners).

If you can buy the parts anyway, you can certainly fix it. Just got to find someone who wants to do the job.......
          Cheers. That is exactly what I have been telling Mrs KS.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            Non Surf related I know but........................... .

We have a Cannon Camberley Double Oven which still looks immaculate and is about 6 years old. There are two things wrong with it, the first being that the electronic ignition has got a mind of its own and clicks away merrily when the main oven is hot. The second problem is that the top oven has stopped getting up to anywhere near the selected operating temperature.

The first repairer Mrs KS spoke to said that he wouldn't even come out because the model is obsolete at six years old. (My Nans cooker bought in 1950 was converted to natural gas in the early 70s and went stong until they moved house in the early 80s!!!!!)

Can anyone in the trade confirm that the cooker is too old to get repaired?
            when i used to do maintenance on holiday sites when the ovens were'nt working properly we to find it was the thermostat that was behind the sides or the back of the inside of the oven or sometimes in the storage section at the bottom of the cooker.They are easy enought to change.Hope this is of some use
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Another one http://www.appliancesspares.co.uk/se...?ma=880&c=1092

Tell her that the money would be better spent on the surf, you cant drive an oven to work or go offroad with it.

Comment

Hi Phil,
                I'm a gas fitter, and I can tell you that gas ovens are a pain to repair. Our firm no longer repair cookers. Parts can be difficult to source, and expensive,(in relation to replacement cookers) and time consuming to fit.
                Most double ovens these days are electric anyway. Get your moth eaten wallet out, you tight git
                Pete

Comment

Cheers Pete.
                  I won't let Mrs KS see your contribution to this post. I was looking at the price for the top oven thermostat - £54.00 +VAT. The one for the bottom oven £20.00 +VAT.

The fridge/freezer, which is standing in the front garden for the council to take away, has just been taken away by the African gentleman next-door-but-one, who happens to be a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer. He asked me what the problem was with it and I told him. He reckons he'll have it fixed in 10 mins and shipped home to Africa.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X