Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

I am about to MOT my motor and have noticed more wear on the inside of
    my rear tyres than the outside, I run about 32psi on the rears. Whats the law on wear across the tyre,mine show a couple off inches through the middle that look just legal, bit annoying as they have only done around 15000miles @£90 each I would have thought yokohama geolanders would have given a better return than that, plus I check them religiously

Not 100% sure but I think the grooves need to be 1.6mm minimum accross the central 3/4 of the width of the tyre.

Are your rear springs sagging? This is a common prob and could be the explanation for the uneven wear. If you lower suspension you can get wear on the inner edges and if you raise it you can get wear on the outer edges. A set of new springs may sort it.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Don't suppose someone has swapped them from front to back and that it was your tracking that's out on the front?
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
        Not 100% sure but I think the grooves need to be 1.6mm minimum accross the central 3/4 of the width of the tyre.

Are your rear springs sagging? This is a common prob and could be the explanation for the uneven wear. If you lower suspension you can get wear on the inner edges and if you raise it you can get wear on the outer edges. A set of new springs may sort it.
        Springs replaced with milners 20% stronger 5 months ago,tracking has been checked and ok. strange !!

Comment

Working...
        X