No announcement yet.

Speakers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitted 6x9's in mine by simply cutting out some of extra plastic sh$$e, the little amplifier things are also crossovers which basically accomodates the original speakers being mainly low end (very bassy). If you wire up your new ones through the crossover you will in time burn them out, (dependant on power of head unit output), this isn't always a major issue as it doesn't always blow the new speakers, although it does mean that your speakers will no longer have any sound coming out of them. It's a bit late right now but I will take mine out and check the correct coloured cables to use when bypassing the crossovers. Oh and if someone can pm me to tell me how to post a pic on here I'll stick one one here so you can SEE exactly what to do.
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Hi Lads , have just been reading with interest the threads on speakes etc,, I know nowt about sound electrics amps and all this other stuff,, might be an oldie out of touch but would love to get a decent setup in my surf,,not a head banger but just a top quality sound. Anyone got a place to recomend for a sound thicko like me ?? (without costing the earth if poss)
      Martin

over the hills and far away

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
        Fitted 6x9's in mine by simply cutting out some of extra plastic sh$$e, the little amplifier things are also crossovers which basically accomodates the original speakers being mainly low end (very bassy). If you wire up your new ones through the crossover you will in time burn them out, (dependant on power of head unit output), this isn't always a major issue as it doesn't always blow the new speakers, although it does mean that your speakers will no longer have any sound coming out of them. It's a bit late right now but I will take mine out and check the correct coloured cables to use when bypassing the crossovers. Oh and if someone can pm me to tell me how to post a pic on here I'll stick one one here so you can SEE exactly what to do.
        Cheers Mickey, Well it looks like ill have to take the soddin rear panels out again then, (more broken clips) My head unit is a sony 4x 50amps the rear speakers i was intending using are 130amp and the fronts are 80amp (i think)
        I'll have to bypass those amplifiers i think, better safe than sorry,
        As for posting pics, The KB size needs to be under 300, I changed the pic sizw on my camera to "email pic size" 640x480 and they come out at around
        100Kb and post ok like this, Ian
        Attached Files
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X