Observations of surfing in the Big city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations of surfing in the Big city

I recently made two interesting discoveries about driving a surf in the Capital.

When I have been to London in the past, I always went by train, the other weekend I thought I would give the Surf a try (try anything once):

Interesting fact 1 - It is easier to drive around the busy city streets in a surf than a 'normal car'. Other drivers seem more willing to give way to you and less willing to cut you up in traffic queues, probably scared of me having less concern for damaging my £2k 1991 surf over their £20k Audi.

Interesting fact 2 - Being stuck in a 3 hr traffic queue is completely redeemed when the driver of a surf coming in the opposite direction acknowledges your wave

Has anyone else found any unexpected benefits to owning a surf?

i agree, its easier to drive in a busy area with something you can see alround in.
    since driving in 4x4's i now struggle to find as much confidence with gauging tight spaces (watch it, saucy) in a saloon car.
    my mum got a rover 75 cdti today and i drove it home from london to aldershot (to my great shock its an amazingly crafted bit of kit, and the only car i have enjoyed driving for a long time) and i wasn't as confident with driving/parking it.
    i can quite happily jump into any 4x4 or a luton etc and drive with absolute confidence around congested/tight areas.
    but i am also a bit of a divvy, so draw your own conclusions
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Somebody pass me a piece of paper and a pencil, quick!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyBud
        I recently made two interesting discoveries about driving a surf in the Capital.

When I have been to London in the past, I always went by train, the other weekend I thought I would give the Surf a try (try anything once):

Interesting fact 1 - It is easier to drive around the busy city streets in a surf than a 'normal car'. Other drivers seem more willing to give way to you and less willing to cut you up in traffic queues, probably scared of me having less concern for damaging my £2k 1991 surf over their £20k Audi.

Interesting fact 2 - Being stuck in a 3 hr traffic queue is completely redeemed when the driver of a surf coming in the opposite direction acknowledges your wave

Has anyone else found any unexpected benefits to owning a surf?
        any big old 4x4 works on the streets of london
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          any big old 4x4 works on the streets of london
          I drove me old bashed up Pug 205 D Turbo as tho I was in me Truck !!
          "Gangway I'm coming through £500 V £10,000+ they gave me a wide berth every time ....

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
          When they cant get past at 80mph They Ram ya from behind at 100+mph
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

an old lady in a new volvo(nice car) tried to compete with me yesterday in my old estate car: she tried to come in my lane and force me to give way, ha ha no way she knocked my mirror off and more than likely caused a few quids worth of damage to her car , she didnt want to stop , lol overtook me on the bus lane laugh im s$$$$ping it end of june

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              an old lady in a new volvo(nice car) tried to compete with me yesterday in my old estate car: she tried to come in my lane and force me to give way, ha ha no way she knocked my mirror off and more than likely caused a few quids worth of damage to her car , she didnt want to stop , lol overtook me on the bus lane laugh im s$$$$ping it end of june
              Well I suppose it is some kind of justice, as those people that try and force their way in front of other cars under the banner of "If I just keep looking forward, nothing will happen to me" do deserve their Comeuppance

Anyway wing mirrors only cause an air current drag and lower the mpg. But now you only have one make sure you dont end up driving in circles

Comment

Originally posted by AndyBud
                Well I suppose it is some kind of justice, as those people that try and force their way in front of other cars under the banner of "If I just keep looking forward, nothing will happen to me" do deserve their Comeuppance

Anyway wing mirrors only cause an air current drag and lower the mpg. But now you only have one make sure you dont end up driving in circles
                just clicks back on !! its been off a few times
                yes she was a i only look forward type

Comment

Working...
                X