Ac Help Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ac Help Please!!

Hello people. Trying to sort out the old A/C again........

The pully doesn't start on the engine when you switch the button inside. The green light comes on on the swicth inside.........

I am right in assuming that the light on the ac button will not light if the gass leval drops and then inturn stops the pully from starting.......or is their another link I have missed out.

ANy help would be fantastic!

think i've sorted the 4wd problem/ it wouldn't engage....no lights on dash........... but by taking the vaccum pipes off and putting then back on it now lights up on the dash and I can hear it clicking in and out.

Just need to try it on a dusty road now........... any dangers to look out for?

You are correct. If the AC is low on gas, the clutch won't engage on the compressor.
    Depending what gas you have and what condition your seals are in, you're looking at £60 to £120 to get it working again.

Comment

Thanks for that, is their anyway I can bypass the switch so I can make sure it is that first?

Comment

I just disconnected the plug on the compressor and put 12volts to it to make sure it worked whilst the engine was running. It did, but I've removed all my air con gubbins now, as I live in Wales and we only get a weeks worth of sunshine per year spread over 12 months.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 6 April 2006, 14:53.

Comment

Thanks bushwhacker.

TOP MAN!

Comment

Also watch for the green light flashing, this normally points to the AC radiator fans being stuck due to too much mud.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

The AC fan is behind the grille on the 3.0, Doesn't stop them getting muddy though if you like deep puddles!

Comment

This is on my 2.4 auto....just phoned my local toyota garage and they said £35+VAT to re-gass!!! How cool is that!!!!1

Maybe I could start selling re-gasses on flea bay!

Comment

Umm, I don't want to spoil the fun, but did they ask you what gas you had in your air con? Is this the first re-gas you've had done since the truck was imported?

Comment

maybe I should empty it before I take it in then????? Can that ''''wink wink ''''be done?

Another thought......................w hen it's working, will the rear have ac aswell or just heating?
                    Last edited by sparkyaj; 6 April 2006, 16:22.

Comment

sorry did someone say flashing green light means something?
                      mine comes on, although its pretty weak and doesnt cool much... then after a while green light starts flashing.
                      is it hard to remove air con? i never use it, i prefer to have the windows open and feel air in my face that way rather than sit in a fridge.
                      Id be happy to discuss with anyone the removal of mine in return if someone wants bits for their own air con. ... like... if ya can take it off nicely, you can have it.

the air con button could easily be utilised for something else. id quite like a rocket launcher button each time i see a drunken/stoned hooded chav eating a kebab on my front wall outside my house....
                      she's no angel

Comment

theird question of the day, how do you know which ac gass system you have? I know you can tell which sort it is by looking at the charge valves........

Does anyone have any pictures so I can have a look prior to next week?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                          maybe I should empty it before I take it in then????? Can that ''''wink wink ''''be done?

Another thought......................w hen it's working, will the rear have ac aswell or just heating?

What I mean is, If you have R12 gas in your air con, it will have to be removed, new seals fitted and re-gassed with R13A refridgerant, the new ozone friendly gas. If it's just a straightforward re-gas with R13a, then that would be the price Toyota quoted you.
                          The Ac works on the front vents only I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                            theird question of the day, how do you know which ac gass system you have? I know you can tell which sort it is by looking at the charge valves........

Does anyone have any pictures so I can have a look prior to next week?

thank you
                            If you have the new R13a gas, there should be a yellow sticker somewhere in the engine bay, or on the slam panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                              sorry did someone say flashing green light means something?
                              mine comes on, although its pretty weak and doesnt cool much... then after a while green light starts flashing.
                              is it hard to remove air con? i never use it, i prefer to have the windows open and feel air in my face that way rather than sit in a fridge.
                              Id be happy to discuss with anyone the removal of mine in return if someone wants bits for their own air con. ... like... if ya can take it off nicely, you can have it.

the air con button could easily be utilised for something else. id quite like a rocket launcher button each time i see a drunken/stoned hooded chav eating a kebab on my front wall outside my house....

If the green light is flashing, the AC is very low on gas.
                              It's quite easy to remove the aircon, providing theres no gas in it of course (Wink Wink Nudge Nudge)
                              The compressor, pulleys drivebelt pipes, rad and brackets. quite a weight saving too,.......which all helps with the mpg.

Comment

Working...
                              X