CB Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I would put a quarter wave whip with a decent shock spring onto the spare wheel carrier with a heavy duty rail mount. About 108" or 2.7M long in new money. I have one made by Shakespear (Yes the fishing tackle people) that I use on the 10M Band.

Licences are still a legal requirement although with what has been proposed (and remember it WAS only a proposal) i dont think many will be renewing, although i for one have and we will continue to encourage people to get a licence.

CB will eventually be deregulated (in line with many other european countries) but not in the timescale that was originally put forward.

One good thing to come from the meeting was that we did get the concession that we WOULD be able to use the 80ch sets that you can buy now after the removal of the uk band - you just won't be allowed (legally) to transmit on the uk band.
    (Thus allowing the cb trade to continue supplying them up until such time of removal).

Rather like the Multi sets we have now - the capability is there to transmit on AM and on illegal channels, but the operator is assumed to be wanting to use the set legally, so they are supplied with this facility in place and its up to you whether you decide to use illegally or not.
    You can find it here www.4x4cb.com

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

We only use ours to save getting muddy feet looking for stragglers when out offroading, don't need anything to technical or involved!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Can anyone explain all this CB stuff to me - what the practicable differences are between FM / AM '/ PMR?

WHat would I be best getting to keep in touch whilst laning etc?

can you still get handhelds on CB, or is that all on PMR?

What if I wanted to put one in my dash and have a handheld to give to my mate to stay in touch

what works in the mountains? what sort of ranges?

can anyone do an idiot's guide post?

Dave

Comment

I am a member of the northeast 4x4 forum(ne4x4.org.uk) and we have regular meets and outing and we all have cb radio's in our trucks
          I got a nice smal one of ebay that fits snugly under the cd player?

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            Can anyone explain all this CB stuff to me - what the practicable differences are between FM / AM '/ PMR?

WHat would I be best getting to keep in touch whilst laning etc?

can you still get handhelds on CB, or is that all on PMR?

What if I wanted to put one in my dash and have a handheld to give to my mate to stay in touch

what works in the mountains? what sort of ranges?

can anyone do an idiot's guide post?

Dave
            Hi Dave, you'll find it here www.4x4cb.com

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X