rear window rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window rip off

my rear window motor went the last week when we took dogs out for a walk. Si I decided to contact as many scr.ap dealers etc as possible. being crafty I said I was after a Corolla motor, although I did relent and say it was a Surf occasionally. prices ranged from £100 to £60 with some geezers telling me a Corolla motor just would not fit!

Anyway, happy ending, scr.ap dealer some 7 miles from me let me have one for princely sum of £15 if i removed it from the car myself!

Now my window goes up and down again - yippee (and I can get the dogs out. it was real difficult feeding them inside the Surf and don't ask me about clearing up the mess!!!

Dave

Sc rap delaer

Any chance you could let me have the details of the s$$$$ dealer? My rear window went so I replaced it with the P/S rear window motor, so I need a replacement for that. I'm in Solihull, so should be quite close.

What year Corolla did you say it was for?

Cheers
    Dave
    Just Vegging Out

Comment

Cannock Auto Salvage

Unit 1,Cannock Motor Village, Chaseside Drive, Hednesford, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 7GD
      Tel: 01543 504494

there's only the one corolla there - just dont say it's for a surf (prices go up)
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
        Cannock Auto Salvage

Unit 1,Cannock Motor Village, Chaseside Drive, Hednesford, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 7GD
        Tel: 01543 504494

there's only the one corolla there - just dont say it's for a surf (prices go up)
        same as me mate asked for surf rear motor £60 went in day after for a corola motor day after £15 p.s don,t forget its got to be the correct door to fit just can,t remember which
        I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
        (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
          same as me mate asked for surf rear motor £60 went in day after for a corola motor day after £15 p.s don,t forget its got to be the correct door to fit just can,t remember which

think you'll find it's the passenger side motor
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            think you'll find it's the passenger side motor
            Which is in my truck now!

can't remember if the rear window was electric or not but I think it was.
            Dave

Comment

does it matter what year corolla the motor comes from? and do all the other window motors match the corolla ones aswell? also does anyone know if the motors from any other toyota models fit/ do the job?
              Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

i remember someone saying last year about a motor from a differant vehicle would fit not sure if it was the fourtrak or not
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i had the same problem. I couldnt get a cheap motor for my 4runner, so I took the advice of many on here, and tried to get a corolla one, it was nothing like it. In fact, there were no gears on it, it worked on cable and pulley's.
                  So it obviously does matter what year it's from. I think the one I tried was a '95.
                  In the end I took a chance and bought a second hand MR2 motor. I checked the part numbers, they are different, but to look at identical, other than the multi plug. So I took a chance and bought it, hacked off the multi plug, spliced it with the one off my old motor, and hey presto !!! A fully functional back window again for the princely sum of around £25.

Bargain.

If anyone wants to know the exact year of the car it came from I will dig it out.

Comment

corolla motors made in may 1995.

surf motors .

1995 november.

1989 to 1993 celicas are the same also .

Last edited by internetsurfer; 8 April 2006, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad Runner
                      i had the same problem. I couldnt get a cheap motor for my 4runner, so I took the advice of many on here, and tried to get a corolla one, it was nothing like it. In fact, there were no gears on it, it worked on cable and pulley's.
                      So it obviously does matter what year it's from. I think the one I tried was a '95.
                      Passenger side front motors on a corolla , won't fit , but the rear ones will, I was passing the s$$$$pys today and popped in on the off chance. I had a look on the front one and it worked on pullys , but the rear one was different.
                      So got a nice rear passenger window motor for £10 , job's a good un !

Andy.
                      Last edited by bobafatass; 20 April 2006, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                        my rear window motor went the last week when we took dogs out for a walk. Si I decided to contact as many scr.ap dealers etc as possible. being crafty I said I was after a Corolla motor, although I did relent and say it was a Surf occasionally. prices ranged from £100 to £60 with some geezers telling me a Corolla motor just would not fit!

Anyway, happy ending, scr.ap dealer some 7 miles from me let me have one for princely sum of £15 if i removed it from the car myself!

Now my window goes up and down again - yippee (and I can get the dogs out. it was real difficult feeding them inside the Surf and don't ask me about clearing up the mess!!!

did the same thing looking for a rear light cluster.
                        got about 6 prices from different places ALL were more than a brand new one from roughtrax.
                        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Oh bugger

Now my tailgate just goes clickaclickaclicka when I try to wind it up. I'm pretty sure that means it's thrown the cog teeth.

ANyone put me onto a good RW motor?

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                            Passenger side front motors on a corolla , won't fit ,
                            Andy.
                            I used the passenger side front one and it was a perfect fit.
                            Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X