Steering wheel noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel noise.

I have a problem with my steering wheel in that it makes an irritating noise like plastic rubbing on plastic when I turn. It's NOT the steering wheel stops. This is the actual steering wheel making the noise. It used to happen on and off when it was cold but now happens all the time. Any ideas what I need to do>?

Originally posted by ferretmanabu
    I have a problem with my steering wheel in that it makes an irritating noise like plastic rubbing on plastic when I turn. It's NOT the steering wheel stops. This is the actual steering wheel making the noise. It used to happen on and off when it was cold but now happens all the time. Any ideas what I need to do>?
    i have just swapped my wood steering wheel onto my 3lt and i think i have done it up tighter than it was on the 2.4 as mine does the same as yours now
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Check the horn contact slider is lubricated, also the cowl rubs on the back of the hub sometimes. Other things are wiring under the dash rubbing or even under the bonnet.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have the same problem. It's intermitent but sounds very like yours. Only started after I had the dash out to replace some blown instruement lighting bulbs. Obviously didn't get mine back exactly as it was fitted before, hence the noise. Try slackening off the four (I think) screws holding the cowl on and ease it away from the wheel slightly before retightening.
        Mike G

Comment

I had the same. I removed the steering cowell and sprayed the bits with silicone dry lube before I put it back together. It doesn't squeek now.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X