Vectra trouble please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra trouble please help!

Just drove 150 miles today to look at a vectra for sale 2.0 CDX DTi (diesel). Liked what i saw and bought it. When i got home i noticed a a tapping/poping noise from around the middle rear of engine. Im going to be taking it in to Vauxhall next week but hoped someone may have a clue
    Also after checking the oil i noticed its not black or golden but more like a merky watery grey
    Kite Surf

Head gasket me thinks
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
      Head gasket me thinks
      Sh it thats gonna cost. Anyone else got an idea?
      Kite Surf

Comment

Need a bit more to go on really.
        Did the noise start after you switched the engine off?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Need a bit more to go on really.
          Did the noise start after you switched the engine off?

Didnt really notice on the motorway and we stopped a few times, it seemed like the long journey done it. The poping increases in speed when the revs are higher
          Kite Surf

Comment

Really hard to pinpoint the problem over the internet.
            Could be one of a number of things. At worst broken piston ring (ticking/tapping noise) or simple like something rubbing against the pulleys/drivebelts/alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Really hard to pinpoint the problem over the internet.
              Could be one of a number of things. At worst broken piston ring (ticking/tapping noise) or simple like somethi rubbing against the pulleys/drivebelts/alternator.
              Had a look on the vectra owners club and it seems like a common problem and its fairly easy problem for a garage to fix. Not sure about the oil colour though
              Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                Had a look on the vectra owners club and it seems like a common problem and its fairly easy problem for a garage to fix. Not sure about the oil colour though

On a brighter note, the CDX is a cracking car. I used to have a 2.5V6 CDX spanking new as my rep mobile. Had all the toys and went like the clappers. Not driven a 2 litre diesel so can't comment on the poke.
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                  On a brighter note, the CDX is a cracking car. I used to have a 2.5V6 CDX spanking new as my rep mobile. Had all the toys and went like the clappers. Notdriven a 2 litre diesel so can't comment on the poke.
                  It feels good on the motorway which is why i bought it really, nice interior.
                  Just started it up and the strange noise isnt there now??
                  Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
                  X