Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road in Dorset !

Calling all dorset and hants surfers !!
    Did you know that every last sunday in the month there's an open free for all off road coarse at Matchams, just out side of Christchurch ? £25 to play all day.
    Found this out today from a landy enthusiast I was doing a job for.
    I must admit I've lived here for 25 years and never knew anything about it, apparently it's a great coarse with plenty of nice mud.

I feel an excursion coming on , anyone up for it in the future ?

Andy.

I'm up for some of that! Never knew that existed and been to Matchams more times than I care to remember to watch the bangers etc!
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

matchams? is that the ringwood banger track area? i
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

April is booked out on the plain with Danno . but will be intrested in the future
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Sweet ! I'll go and check it out tomorrow and see what's going on down there. The missis want's to go to the garden center , but Matchams is on the way there

Will report back tomorrow.

Andy.

Comment

Like wise would love to have ago in the near future

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
            April is booked out on the plain with Danno . but will be intrested in the future

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
              Calling all dorset and hants surfers !!
              Did you know that every last sunday in the month there's an open free for all off road coarse at Matchams, just out side of Christchurch ? £25 to play all day.
              Found this out today from a landy enthusiast I was doing a job for.
              I must admit I've lived here for 25 years and never knew anything about it, apparently it's a great coarse with plenty of nice mud.

I feel an excursion coming on , anyone up for it in the future ?

Andy.
              We want some of that too

pops on jotto's puter
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Been down there today and checked it out.
                It was a bit busy as there was a massive motocross event on so I didn't get to chat to the organisers.
                I have a contact number for the chap who runs it and I'll be speaking to him this evening, so I'll keep you all posted.
                Looks very well organised from what I saw.
                Sorry no pic's I forgot the camera , Doh !

Andy.

Comment

Ok , I've spoken to the guy who organises the event at Matchams,

As I said before it is held the last sunday in the month, the next one is on 30th April, and it will continue for the forseeable future.

On site there are toilets and burger vans, so no bbq's.

It's open from 10am till 4pm.

£25.00 per truck and for that you get to play all day.

If enough people want to come then there's a possability of a 25% reduction in the price, but obviously that depends on how many people want to attend.

If there were enough people wanting to have a day out then it is possable to hire the entire site privatly on whatever day we choose.

The course is set up for beginners all the way to advanced , all the orginiser asks is that all truck have both front and rear recovery points. There are plenty of people there to help anyone out of trouble.

That's about it.

The guy who runs it also said if a few of us want to come along and check it out when the event's isn't on then he can arrange a viewing, other than that just send a reconisence party on the open day to check it out !

Andy.

Comment

cool andy see you next month mate
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

A good report and then i go end of may hopefully and mite drag my mate LURCH with me
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Don't forget , if you've got nothing to do this weekend, it's the off road open day at Matchams on Sunday !
                        Unfortunatly I can't go , gotta be else where
                        but there's hope for the end of may

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                        X