Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Re Cam Belt

Hi guys,

Quick question, my truck turned 90,000k's on Saturday and as it did the T Belt light came on. I thought it came on at 100,000k's. Did any of the 3 liter engines have a 90000 interval on the cam belt or should i be worried about a clocking?
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Change the belt anyway. It only costs about £15 and takes about 30 minutes to fit. At least you'll know it's been changed, just for peace of mind.

Comment

Oh its gonna be changed Vince as a matter of caution but i was just curious why it came on at 90k km's rather than the 100 i was expecting. Bit bizarre.

Incidentally are the milners cam belts up to the job? 15 quid seems very cheap.
      Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Can't comment on the Milners belts, as I get mine from a motor shop near me.
        Has your speedo face been changed, (not the stick on type but the complete face) before you bought your truck? If so, the indexing sprocket for the KMs counter may have been knocked slightly. I noticed when I took mine apart that it's easy to Knock it and about 2mm of movement could equate to 20.000Kms.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
          Hi guys,

Quick question, my truck turned 90,000k's on Saturday and as it did the T Belt light came on. I thought it came on at 100,000k's. Did any of the 3 liter engines have a 90000 interval on the cam belt or should i be worried about a clocking?
          Hi Simon,
          I think people have to be open minded about their mileages. So long as you're happy with the truck what does it matter. It's well known that a lot of clocking goes on with imports as most of them come with no history. I've seen seen 3rd gens with supposed full history in mint condition with 180,000km on the clock. It's possible that your truck has just turned 200,000km. That's still only 120,000 miles! Still low mileage in my book for a 13 year old diesel.
          Pete

Comment

lol pete, i'm going to ignore that thought as i dont want to think about it.
            Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
              Oh its gonna be changed Vince as a matter of caution but i was just curious why it came on at 90k km's rather than the 100 i was expecting. Bit bizarre.

Incidentally are the milners cam belts up to the job? 15 quid seems very cheap.

Don't bother with a pattern part Timing belt, what's the point in trying to save a tenner. Get the real thing. While you are at it, buy the tensioner as well. Then that's that job out the way for another 100,000 Kms.

You need:
              Timing Belt - Y13568-69085 £26.47
              Tensioner - Y13540-67020 £37.76
              Gasket - Y11328-67020 £17.07

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X