£0 road tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £0 road tax

Can anyone find a car that fits the A band of VED and gets the £0 rate? The DVLA website says that no car currently available in the UK fits the criteria! NICE GIVE AWAY GORDON!

Is this bloke fit to govern the country? Lets fancy the vast majority couldn't care less how expensive the duty was on big cars say that do less than 20MPG. He could have wacked em hard and hardly anyone would care. Instead he hit a huge amount of "normal" cars, hitting huge parts of middle Britain swanning around in their people carriers. Even the hippies favourite the VW Beetle (in 2 litre guise) hits the gas guzzler bracket.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Mine does

MY SMART DIESEL FITS THE BILL EXACTLY bugga i dont pay road tax because im disbled Can i have a refund please

Maurice

Comment

ain,t HONDA got a hybrid thingy (hydrogen ??) thats the only one that fits the bill ???

carl......
      gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Sorry guys no coconuts for you, the Smart misses by a country mile at 121g/km so misses out by 21g/km and the honda civic hydrid is 109g/km. The free band is up to 100g/km. Check em out http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
          Sorry guys no coconuts for you, the Smart misses by a country mile at 121g/km so misses out by 21g/km and the honda civic hydrid is 109g/km. The free band is up to 100g/km. Check em out http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/
          AH but you see it doesnt give the data for the diesel because its an import

think you will find its below 100

Maurice

Comment

Look all you have to do is buy a pre 1972 vehicle, and you get free road tax, and you get to destroy the planet at the same time.

I'm getting an American Army M35 6X6 turbo multifuel cargo or shop van truck. If I get pre 1960 then it's MOT exempt. Pre 1972 and it's tax exempt. Even though I have a class one HGV licence (I'm a truckie) I don't need it as it's pre 1960. The insurance is only £80 fully comp, unlimited mileage. As it's multifuel it runs on Diesel, Petrol, Paraffin, aviation fuel, biodiesel etc. So I can run it on veg oil without modification and it does a massive 9MPG. Excellent. I'm going down in flames, and the planet is coming with me. By the way, don't tell Gordon......

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              I'm getting an American Army M35 6X6 turbo multifuel cargo or shop van truck.
              Bit of a b*gg*r to park in Tescos though....

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                With something like that who needs a parking space you can have the attitude "EVERYONE GET OUT OF MY WAY" or "PLENTY OF ROOM ON TOP!"
                DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work

She is a big truck. But think of all the veg oil I could get in the back.

I'm going to buy by the pallet!!!

Here is the truck in question, (the lights are in the wrong place, they should be above where they are at the moment, in the top half of the grill). If some of you don't know what it looks like. There is a short video if you click on the link. Pity there is no sound though, because this truck will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck with the noise it makes.

Pure sex on wheels. Best looking truck in the world.
                  http://www.easternsurplus.net/190a.jpg

http://www.buschandbusch.com/m35a2.html

And the engine in question.
                  http://www.easternsurplus.net/310h.JPG
                  Last edited by M35A2; 24 March 2006, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTRAV
                    AH but you see it doesnt give the data for the diesel because its an import

think you will find its below 100

Maurice
                    Errrr my point exactly, its not available in the UK! The lowest Smart diesel on the database is the fourfour 1.5td with SA/6 transmission which clocks in at 116g/km.

Comment

The only thing i can think of is a

PUSH BIKE

trust the government to come up with a plan to shaft everybody again
                      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                      X