Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    what's a linux and whats a distros?
    Linux is another operating system to use as opposed to using Windows.
    PCLinuxOS and DammSmallLinux are the Distro`s, or distributions of Linux opearting systems, of which there are many.

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I used one of the free online virus scans last night. It did it's stuff and the only thing it turned up in the "dangerous" category was a Trojan file in my PCs current anti virus program. Hmmmm.
      This online virus check lists all your dodgy cookies but, unlike Trend Housecall, says to remove the files you have to buy their product.

The question is this. Is the trojan it thinks it has found in my current anti virus program just a tool that the anti virus program uses or a ploy to get you to download their program at $33.99 and delete my current anti virus program which I paid $40 for less than 6 weeks ago?
      This is a pretty common problem with anti virus software installed or run (in this case) against a PC with anti virus software on it. That's why multiple anti virus software stacks aren't recommended for installation, unlike anti spyware which can be. In fact if you really want to do the anti spyware checks completely, 2 anti spyware products are recommended. No anti spyware software effectively finds all spyware (or didn't, but things change so fast), but a combination of 2 up the chances of finding everything.
      Live for Today

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
        Linux is another operating system to use as opposed to using Windows.
        PCLinuxOS and DammSmallLinux are the Distro`s, or distributions of Linux opearting systems, of which there are many.
        PCLinuxOS is nice... not had much chance to play but got someone out of trouble to access the net when thier disc died.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X