Final Sign-Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Sign-Off

Right, she's officially gone now. New owner took her away on Monday. I've got me 97 Scenic. Everyone's happy. Well, I'll miss my Surf, but at least I have owned one.

I've enjoyed looking at, driving, and working on my Surf and it has all improved my understanding of mechanics & what the layman can DIY or not.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all your information, advice, opinions, encouragement and wit - all in plentiful abundance. I wouldn't have attempted some of the jobs on my Surf that I did without it all.

I'm on a couple of other web forums (pro-audio & bass guitar) and used to be on a couple of motorbike forums. Honestly, this forum is among the best. All the key features are here - information, advice, opinions, encouragement and wit, and importantly, respect.

Streetluge Chris: if you're still around, I apologise for backing out of our deal for me to buy your Surf. We made a virtual handshake and I renaged on it when unforseen expenses blew it out of the water for me. No hard feelings, I hope.

Good luck to you all in everything you do.

Thanks,

Mark
    :

Sorry to see you go mate, Stay in touch on the forums, Even if you no longer have a surf its still interesting, This sodding government wont be happy till we've all had to get rid of our trucks, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Re

I'll bet hes back in 6 months with-

" Hi all!, got $$$$ed off with the Scenic and bought another Surf, did ya miss me?"

LOL!

Gary

Comment

Hi Again.

Scenic my @rse. It was an 8v one, and I had read that the head gasket was an issue, so on inspection of the car, I had a look under the oil filler cap for mayo and watched the temp guage for the 10km test drive - all good.

Of course within a month the head gasket was gone. B@stard had fitted a new oil filler cap, or cleaned the old one.

Traded it for a 98 Alhambra. Fine car, still have it, but can't beat my old Corolla 1.5 petrol - 266,000kms & counting...

Gotta get me another Surf though...

Mark
        :

Comment

Ought to get another Firestorm too, really..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
          X