I love my Surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my Surf...

Family day out...looking for a place to walk in Reading we came across a park on the map that looked good. Drove there and pulled into the cark park. I got out and looked for the pay and display machine. All around there were notices saying "have you seen this man" "beware of rapists" bla bla bla..
    Got back in the truck and said to the wife NAAA lets look at the map for another location. Just a small distance on the map there was another park so off we went as I went round a sharp left hand bend I saw the park...so swung the truck off the road to the right. As the truck left the road it slid sideway and there was a loud bang. We came to a sudden stop and I got out to inspect the damage. I had slid sideways and bent the bumper into the wheel..also the tree stump I hit(hidden in brambles) had got stuck inside the alloy wheel. It took me 15 mins driving the truck forward and back to get it free from the tree. I pulled the bumper off the wheel best I could. We had a great day out but I still had a bent bumper.
    So when I got home I took out the Indicator and placed a rope around a tree through the indicator backed the truck up and put it in 4wd. Slowly the bumper was pulled back into place.
    Any other car that would have cost me a couple of hundred quid to fix ... but not the surf.
    One rope and a bit of reverse
    I love my truck
    dint an all

Originally posted by madcampbell
    Family day out...looking for a place to walk in Reading we came across a park on the map that looked good. Drove there and pulled into the cark park. I got out and looked for the pay and display machine. All around there were notices saying "have you seen this man" "beware of rapists" bla bla bla..
    Got back in the truck and said to the wife NAAA lets look at the map for another location. Just a small distance on the map there was another park so off we went as I went round a sharp left hand bend I saw the park...so swung the truck off the road to the right. As the truck left the road it slid sideway and there was a loud bang. We came to a sudden stop and I got out to inspect the damage. I had slid sideways and bent the bumper into the wheel..also the tree stump I hit(hidden in brambles) had got stuck inside the alloy wheel. It took me 15 mins driving the truck forward and back to get it free from the tree. I pulled the bumper off the wheel best I could. We had a great day out but I still had a bent bumper.
    So when I got home I took out the Indicator and placed a rope around a tree through the indicator backed the truck up and put it in 4wd. Slowly the bumper was pulled back into place.
    Any other car that would have cost me a couple of hundred quid to fix ... but not the surf.
    One rope and a bit of reverse
    I love my truck
    dint an all
    Wow, thats quite a story. Glad it had a happy ending.

Don't forget to treat the back of the damaged area with waxoyl though as a precaution.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I had similar problem with surf but i brought mine with it. Someone had reversed into something (things do come from behind when going backwards! ) and had pushed the passengers side of the rear bumper down about 1 1/2" just behind wheel. Removed mud flap and just jacked her up under the bumper and hey presto, perfect . Den

Comment

Working...
      X