Bike carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike carrier

Anyone have any info on an suitable bike rack for the surf. I know it will easily fit inside but with all the rain lately, trails are pretty stinkin...

Is there an offset carrier that can fit to the spare wheel on the tail door ???

Was thinking of modifying my old one to suit somehow... anyone already attempted this ????

I have no tow bar or roof rack..............yet

Originally posted by david306
    Anyone have any info on an suitable bike rack for the surf. I know it will easily fit inside but with all the rain lately, trails are pretty stinkin...

Was thinking of modifying my old one to suit somehow... anyone already attempted this ????

hi david
    sorry i carry mine inside
    what bike you got ive got a marin fsr and a spes p3 and where on planet earth are you i take it you come up here quite a lot
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
      hi david
      sorry i carry mine inside
      what bike you got ive got a marin fsr and a spes p3 and where on planet earth are you i take it you come up here quite a lot
      john

You got two nice bikes mate...I have a 05 Marin Wolf ridge, just upgraded my brakes to M4's 200mm front and 185 on back...It stops real fast !!!!

I have been to Wales quite a bit for climbing but not as yet for MTB'ing..I do all my cycling in Scotland...its cheaper to get to from N.Ireland. Try this site for MTB info, one of the guys on this lives up your way and is always out ridin the local trails...Lucky B !!!

http://www.mtbrider.com/mtbr/index.php?

Comment

Have a read here...http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/se...earchid=236168

Comment

You got two nice bikes mate...I have a 05 Marin Wolf ridge, just upgraded my brakes to M4's 200mm front and 185 on back...It stops real fast !!!!

I have been to Wales quite a bit for climbing but not as yet for MTB'ing..I do all my cycling in Scotland...its cheaper to get to from N.Ireland. Try this site for MTB info, one of the guys on this lives up your way and is always out ridin the local trails...Lucky B !!!

http://www.mtbrider.com/mtbr/index.php?
          more coincedences for me i just upgrade to hopew m4's on mine but mine is just an old 02 version not a quad link, $$$$$$ good brakes arent they wish the surfs were that good
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Our Halfords spare wheel rack works great.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I just use a tarpaulin to line the loadspace whenever I want to carry anything mucky.
              Cheaper, easier and more secure than a bike rack surely?

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
                Cheaper, easier and more secure than a bike rack surely?
                Only if you've got nothing else to carry, try getting 2 dogs, camping stuff AND 2 bikes in the back!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just leave the bikes in the shed and go offroad in the Surf. Lot less hassle.
                  Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
                    Just leave the bikes in the shed and go offroad in the Surf. Lot less hassle.
                    youre not putting them muddy bikes in my shed...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Oh go on haven't got much use for mine here.
                      Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
                      X