head gone and day just got worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gone and day just got worse

Day started off lovely. I did not have to get up till 10. Fill up the surf for daughter to drive to Uni, I picked her up at 11 waved her good bye as she drove off down the street and told her to drive safely. 30 mins later jess rings me dad I was driving down the M62 and the radiator has just blown up. She came home on the bake of a truck. I had a good look and the head has gone.

Other daughter says dont worry dad u can use my car till its fixed what happens next. An hour later at talking and we hear a big bag out side look out the window and some a**r hole has just done a hit and run on daughters car. The front is a mess bumper drivers side lights and wing all a mess.

Phone the police and they will only give me a crime number did not even come down we told them the make of the car and part of reg and that the back lights on the offside was all smashed no interest at all apart from giving us a crime number for the insurance daughters car is only worth £350.

Can anyone tell my why we pay so much TAX
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you get it sorted soon. At least you live nearer to Stevo than us southerners.

We pay so much tax because the police have to attend courses on how to be polite to people who have no business being here in the first place.

The police would not get involved when a drunk pulled out in front of me. I T-boned his car, got out to exchange details and he sped off. I dailled 999 and was given a rollocking for making non-urgent calls on the emergency number. They said come into the station to report it as they were busy.
    BTW, I had the full registration and description of the driver.
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 15 March 2006, 02:01.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you get it sorted soon. At least you live nearer to Stevo than us southerners.

We pay so much tax because the police have to attend courses on how to be polite to people who have no business being here in the first place.

The police would not get involved when a drunk pulled out in front of me. I T-boned his car, got out to exchange details and he sped off. I dailled 999 and was given a rollocking for making non-urgent calls on the emergency number. They said come into the station to report it as they were busy.
      Sorry to hear of your probs bud, hope it gets sorted soon....Good Luck
      Shame your trucks poorly or you could pay em a visit & show em how to crush em propper, (your luck tho they'll send in the Cops) Think NOT !!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil

Phil was yours Local ?
        As I had the same problem with the Cops, Very unco-operative.......

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Sorry to hear of your woes mate and as for the cops (tax collectors), well if there isnt an easy 60 quid to be made then they dont seem interested any more.
          Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
            Sorry to hear of your woes mate and as for the cops (tax collectors), well if there isnt an easy 60 quid to be made then they dont seem interested any more.

So much for President Blair and his "zero tolerance" This country is a real mess these days.

Cops did me 2 times in a year, once for 58MPH on the M606 at bradford, which has a pointless 50 limit on it and once for 56MPH in empty roadworks on the M62 at 5 AM on a Sunday morning "cameras both times"

That was a very unlucky year for me ticket wise but I bet If I was out mugging grannies or stealing someones video the police would not be interested.

Waste of money they are.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Sorry to hear this Chris, Jess.

If theres ewt I can do m8, give me a ring.

Kev.
              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Sorry to hear your bad luck run m8, I know how you feel - we are having a right bad luck run at the moment too
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                  Sorry to hear your bad luck run m8, I know how you feel - we are having a right bad luck run at the moment too
                  So I heard Snoop, any news on the SDV ?

Just a possibility, could it be having fuel problems ?

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Sorry to hi-jack your thread. What happened to me was a couple of years ago. It's pretty common. Hope you get the head sorted soon.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Chris, hope you get something sorted soon mate.
                      David
                      Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        So I heard Snoop, any news on the SDV ?

Just a possibility, could it be having fuel problems ?

Trev
                        I dunno Trev m8, it's behaving very strangely but was definately not right when it was recovered - but typically decided not to act up for Tony! Tony is currently trying to diagnose.

This is definately black March for cars - the SDV which hopefully isn't serious, Lotties MX5 written off one month before the wedding, my brothers girlfriends brand new car got rear ended the day after Lotties - and last night my brother hit a deer and left the road mangling his MR2 . Our wedding is going to be some kind of comedy freak show with everyone unable to turn their necks!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                          I dunno Trev m8, it's behaving very strangely but was definately not right when it was recovered - but typically decided not to act up for Tony! Tony is currently trying to diagnose.
                          Poor Snoop, I've been using it everyday, the thing pulls like a train, makes no smoke and otherwise runs great.
                          Gonna be checking the valve lash later, as its a little tappier than our truck once warm, but apart from that it's hard to pin down what happened to make it run so rough that night.

Unless it had quite a lot of Veg in it, then sat at the freezing airport car park for a week and just had trouble clearing the injectors and fuel pump. It was cold that night when Snoop got back.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            Poor Snoop, I've been using it everyday, the thing pulls like a train, makes no smoke and otherwise runs great.
                            Gonna be checking the valve lash later, as its a little tappier than our truck once warm, but apart from that it's hard to pin down what happened to make it run so rough that night.

Unless it had quite a lot of Veg in it, then sat at the freezing airport car park for a week and just had trouble clearing the injectors and fuel pump. It was cold that night when Snoop got back.

It's not running veg...
                            It's so bizzare - it sounded exactly like my old fiat did when I bent a valve, like someone knocking on the rocker cover with a small hammer. And even on the way to the airport where it broke down a week later the truck was shaking so badly I pulled over on to the hard shoulder and checked all the wheel nuts as it got a really bad vibration - I was going to get the wheels balanced the day after I got back, but if it's not doing that either then it must be something caused by the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
                              Day started off lovely. I did not have to get up till 10. Fill up the surf for daughter to drive to Uni, I picked her up at 11 waved her good bye as she drove off down the street and told her to drive safely. 30 mins later jess rings me dad I was driving down the M62 and the radiator has just blown up. She came home on the bake of a truck. I had a good look and the head has gone.

Other daughter says dont worry dad u can use my car till its fixed what happens next. An hour later at talking and we hear a big bag out side look out the window and some a**r hole has just done a hit and run on daughters car. The front is a mess bumper drivers side lights and wing all a mess.

Phone the police and they will only give me a crime number did not even come down we told them the make of the car and part of reg and that the back lights on the offside was all smashed no interest at all apart from giving us a crime number for the insurance daughters car is only worth £350.

Can anyone tell my why we pay so much TAX
                              Sorry to hear about your cars guys, hope you get them sorted soon and at a sensible price!
                              THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Working...
                              X