yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: welsh cottage or camping for easter weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: welsh cottage or camping for easter weekend...

A long shot this one, but does anyone know of any places to stay in wales (for the easter weekend) that are self catering and pref not staffed or on an existing farm or whatever.

I can find loads of cottages on-line but they all seem dead posh, and I'm just looking for something reasonably basic pref remote so me and some friends can get away, have a laugh and not disturb anyone.

Even somewhere to camp would be o.k. (but not a camp site - somewhere where we can stay up late and make noise and not get kicked off!).

Any info or web sites to check out would be appreciated...
    No longer a Surf owner.

Originally posted by codlord
    A long shot this one, but does anyone know of any places to stay in wales (for the easter weekend) that are self catering and pref not staffed or on an existing farm or whatever.

I can find loads of cottages on-line but they all seem dead posh, and I'm just looking for something reasonably basic pref remote so me and some friends can get away, have a laugh and not disturb anyone.

Even somewhere to camp would be o.k. (but not a camp site - somewhere where we can stay up late and make noise and not get kicked off!).

Any info or web sites to check out would be appreciated...
    where in wales you looking........
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
      where in wales you looking........
      It does not really matter that much as long as its reasonably nice and/or a reasonable base for outdoor activities etc. Some of us will be coming from hampshire/surrey area (so south would be better for us) and some from chester way (so north would be better for them).

We are not a bunch of yobbos or anything, just a mixed group aged between about 20 and 30 who want a base for having a laugh and making some noise in the evenings and prob do some activities and a bit of mountain biking during the days.
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

It does not really matter that much as long as its reasonably nice and/or a reasonable base for outdoor activities etc. Some of us will be coming from hampshire/surrey area (so south would be better for us) and some from chester way (so north would be better for them).

We are not a bunch of yobbos or anything, just a mixed group aged between about 20 and 30 who want a base for having a laugh and making some noise in the evenings and prob do some activities and a bit of mountain biking during the days.
        north,mid and south all have excellent mountain bike trails especially trawfynedd (coed y brenin )
        and nant y arian by aberystwth
        theres plenty of bunk barns avail,
        just outside capel curig on A5 2 miles south of village, mile north of armed forces training camp there is a field open to campers thats owned by a farm across the road in opposite field, fires and parties go on there.check out mountainbiker magazine for others

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

Try here...

http://www.tryfanwales.co.uk/

If you stay here, there is a brilliant local pub in Bethesda called Tyn Y Coed...They do fantastic organic food and good ale.

Sorry the pub i was talkin about is in Capel Curig,

http://www.heartofsnowdonia.co.uk/tynycoed.htm

Its a little pricy to stay here considering the bunkhouses around, but the food and ale is superb along with a good friendly atmosphere...
            Last edited by david306; 16 March 2006, 00:18.

Comment

Originally posted by david306
              Try here...

http://www.tryfanwales.co.uk/

I stayed here four times when climbing in the area...The guy that owns this owns Tryfan !!!..Well its his land so to speak...
              Beautifull place, very clean and right in the middle of the Ogwen valley...

If you stay here, there is a brilliant local pub in Bethesda called Tyn Y Coed...They do fantastic organic food and good ale.
              coincedence if you look at the ikle map on that site it doesnt show it but there is a byway following the A5 south from the cottage to capel curig, it was advertised in a land rover mag last month, its one of the ones i intend to try out this weekend, in the write up the landy got stuck and they had to leave it there over night.

Comment

coincedence if you look at the ikle map on that site it doesnt show it but there is a byway following the A5 south from the cottage to capel curig, it was advertised in a land rover mag last month, its one of the ones i intend to try out this weekend, in the write up the landy got stuck and they had to leave it there over night.

Think you can see the byway in this photo....It runs along the A5 then heads south...Think i walked part of this once on way home to bunkhouse...This photo was taken from half way up Tryfan. In the bottom left is tryfan bach or little tryfan.. The uchaf bunkhouse is right beneath this....
                Attached Files
                Last edited by david306; 16 March 2006, 00:13.

Comment

Originally posted by david306
                  Think you can see the byway in this photo....It runs along the A5 then heads south...Think i walked part of this once on way home to bunkhouse...This photo was taken from half way up Tryfan. In the bottom left is tryfan bach or little tryfan.. The uchaf bunkhouse is right beneath this....
                  that looks like the one if i do get to go down it this weekend i will post some picks up on here, hopefully matt covenrty and gwyn are coming along as well
                  john

Comment

that looks like the one if i do get to go down it this weekend i will post some picks up on here, hopefully matt covenrty and gwyn are coming along as well
                    john
                    Nice to see all this interest in our part of the world for a change,,,see there are advantages for living out in the sticks,,,
                    codlord give us a call sometime if you are interested in coming all the way up to Anglesey.. We always keep a welcome in the hillsides!!!!!!
                    Martin

over the hills and far away

Comment

Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn
                        he he Vince you are only jealous coz we are getting all the attention and we have bigger hills lol lol

Comment

dach'in sairad gymraig Vince?

Comment

Je ne comprends pas le gallois, John.

Comment

huh ???

Comment

Working...
                              X