climate control noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• climate control noise

I have traced my rattle, if i select 20 degrees or lower the rattle at idle goes away, at over 20 degrees it comes back! This is all instant, as soon as you move the lever so its nothing to do with anything expanding or contracting.

It sounds like a flap that is rattling on an aperture it normally covers up at 20 or below to me.

Problem goes away with a rise in engine speed which is as you would expect.

Any one offer a suggestion?

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    I have traced my rattle, if i select 20 degrees or lower the rattle at idle goes away, at over 20 degrees it comes back! This is all instant, as soon as you move the lever so its nothing to do with anything expanding or contracting.

It sounds like a flap that is rattling on an aperture it normally covers up at 20 or below to me.

Problem goes away with a rise in engine speed which is as you would expect.

Any one offer a suggestion?

Al.
    judging by the lack of replys
    we are all to jealous
    didnt get that rattle on the old girl did you.( thats why it was soo cheap)
    tell you what, i will swap your trouble some motor for mine complete with proper bull bars and spots he.he.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
      judging by the lack of replys
      we are all to jealous
      didnt get that rattle on the old girl did you.( thats why it was soo cheap)
      tell you what, i will swap your trouble some motor for mine complete with proper bull bars and spots he.he.

Hi, Its only a very minor rattle, like a plastic on plastic just behind the air vents nothing serious. probably a bit of rubber or felt that has come off. Come to think of it, there was a little bit of felt in one of the air vents. MY goodness thats it. SOLVED

Comment

Hi, Its only a very minor rattle, like a plastic on plastic just behind the air vents nothing serious. probably a bit of rubber or felt that has come off. Come to think of it, there was a little bit of felt in one of the air vents. MY goodness thats it. SOLVED
        you will now spend the next 6 months trying to fish it out
        good luck

Comment

where can I get heater/air con diagram

Will yota UK have the microfische of the heater box? I need a new felt/foam surround on some part of the system. Should be a piece of cake to fix but I will have to identify the part first.

Thanx

Al.

Comment

Will yota UK have the microfische of the heater box? I need a new felt/foam surround on some part of the system. Should be a piece of cake to fix but I will have to identify the part first.

Thanx

Al.
            microfische thats a bit old hat

my local main dealer is well helpfull they have everything on cd's, i guess somebody on here can help though

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
              microfische thats a bit old hat

my local main dealer is well helpfull they have everything on cd's, i guess somebody on here can help though

yeah! I suppose you are right, it will all be on a comp not a fische. Daft of me, must have forgotton its the 21st centuary

Al

Comment

Working...
              X