Tow Bar Question,But Not For Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Bar Question,But Not For Surfs

Does anybody know of anyone up here in Lancashire who would be able to put a tow bar on my dad`s new passat.

Because it`s got reversing sensors on it, people don`t seem to want anything to do with it since you have to seriously hack into the cars wiring loom.

Just one more thing, does it really have to be a removable one,Obviously the sensors are gonna see the tow bar when your in reverse,just thought you may be able to see over it or something.

Any idears welcome

thanks
    jack
    Stella Artois

When the towbar is fitted, that becomes the reversing "sensor"

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      When the towbar is fitted, that becomes the reversing "sensor"
      err........

Right, thats it, I'm taking a sabbatical now!
      that didn't last long!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I haven't started it yet!

Comment

I haven't started it yet!
          bwahahaha!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
            Does anybody know of anyone up here in Lancashire who would be able to put a tow bar on my dad`s new passat.

Because it`s got reversing sensors on it, people don`t seem to want anything to do with it since you have to seriously hack into the cars wiring loom.

Just one more thing, does it really have to be a removable one,Obviously the sensors are gonna see the tow bar when your in reverse,just thought you may be able to see over it or something.

Any idears welcome

thanks
            jack
            Hi mate, we operate a mobile service in the north west, and cover your area, we will fit one to your dad's Passat no problem, as for the reversing sensors, not a problem doesn't need to be detachable.
            Just give the office a ring on 01706 642302 and they will give you a price.

Cheers David
            Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

tow bars

try steve warrington mobile towbar fitter from rochdale will fit towbars to anything anywhere ( 01706 642302 )

Comment

Originally posted by gadget
                try steve warrington mobile towbar fitter from rochdale will fit towbars to anything anywhere ( 01706 642302 )
                Thanks for the plug mate, already said to ring the office, have we fitted one to yours in the past.

Comment

by the time the sensors beep, the caravan will be much smaller anyway.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
                    Hi mate, we operate a mobile service in the north west, and cover your area, we will fit one to your dad's Passat no problem, as for the reversing sensors, not a problem doesn't need to be detachable.
                    Just give the office a ring on 01706 642302 and they will give you a price.

Cheers David
                    Thanks for that,I`ve Passed your number on
                    Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      by the time the sensors beep, the caravan will be much smaller anyway.

Good one
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
                        Thanks for the plug mate, already said to ring the office, have we fitted one to yours in the past.
                        you have done 3 or 4 in the past and when i pick up the surf you will be doing that one as well hopefully this week sometime ?

Comment

Thanks for the towbar today Toad, my Dad`s well suited,nice and tidy.

Give Toad a call if you want a towbar fit.

Here, have a free plug
                          Stella Artois

Comment

Thanks mate, my pleasure, hope to catch you on a meet sometime.
                            David

Comment

Working...
                            X