Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby seat.............HELP

Hi,
    I'm looking into buying a Mamas and Papas pro Tec car seat (the one for 9-18 kg's). Problem is, I'm not sure if it will fit into the back of the Surf as the buckle clip is quite long. Before anyone says: 'try it', there is no store close so I'm looking to buy it on the net. It's this one:

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/produ...0000019&type=S

The reason I want it, is because after research, it seems one of the safest on the market.

If anyone does have this seat and knows that it fits (or doesn't), I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks alot

Simon

Windsurfer

only ones i had trouble with were the rear facng ones cos the seatbelt wasn't long enough to go round.
    front facing should be ok as it only goes through the back of them.

i've got a maxi cosi priori at the moment that fits fine

and just got one of these booster types that uses the seatbelt instead of it's own straps.

nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I have the exact same seat in my '95 surf. It fits really well with no problems. Hope this helps you & yes it probably is the safest seat in it's class(and the priciest).

Originally posted by windsurfer
      Hi,
      I'm looking into buying a Mamas and Papas pro Tec car seat (the one for 9-18 kg's). Problem is, I'm not sure if it will fit into the back of the Surf as the buckle clip is quite long. Before anyone says: 'try it', there is no store close so I'm looking to buy it on the net. It's this one:

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/produ...0000019&type=S

The reason I want it, is because after research, it seems one of the safest on the market.

If anyone does have this seat and knows that it fits (or doesn't), I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks alot

Simon

Windsurfer

Comment

Originally posted by stuart&kate
        I have the exact same seat in my '95 surf. It fits really well with no problems. Hope this helps you & yes it probably is the safest seat in it's class(and the priciest).
        well done! your first post helping someone - welcome to the nut house
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by stuart&kate
          Hey Stuart and Kate,

Thanks alot, this puts my (well my wifes) mind at rest!!!!!!!!

Cheers
          Simon

Comment

Child car seats

Read in the paper that at the end of this month the govenment are introducing a guide to buying car seats which will have a rateing on them showing which are safest and which are not as safe.

All seats have been put through side,front and rear impact test, to see how they fair up,and have been rated on a points system from 1 to 5.

Might be worth waiting a couple of weeks.Not much good if the seat fits nice and snug,but is hopeless when put through the various crash senerios.
            Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
            X