• Browning .50 Machine gun verses a Sword

Check out this video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdF9k...machine%20guns

Originally posted by M35A2

broody hell glasshopper! no wonder they can chop a head off with one stroke
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Not so impressive - It's my inderstanding that most bullets are deliberately soft and squishy to splat when they hit people rather than leave a neat hole.

If they had chopped the machine gun in half with the sword I would have been more convinced.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
        Not so impressive - It's my inderstanding that most bullets are deliberately soft and squishy to splat when they hit people rather than leave a neat hole.

If they had chopped the machine gun in half with the sword I would have been more convinced.

Dave
        Under the Geneva Conventions, military small-arms have to use jacketed rounds, not soft-nosed - not allowed to use expanding ammunition on soldiers.

Police, on the other hand are allowed to use ammunition like Hydra-Shok, which has a hollow point big enough to make a cup of tea in! The rationale being that they don't want rounds going through the criminal and hitting an innocent electrician standing behind. Go figure...
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
          Under the Geneva Conventions, military small-arms have to use jacketed rounds, not soft-nosed - not allowed to use expanding ammunition on soldiers.

Police, on the other hand are allowed to use ammunition like Hydra-Shok, which has a hollow point big enough to make a cup of tea in! The rationale being that they don't want rounds going through the criminal and hitting an innocent electrician standing behind. Go figure...

it'd be a shock to the electrician if they did...let these guys get all the shocks I've got in the past

PS: Browing .50 Cal wins over the sword....you cant throw the sword as far as the browning can throw the bullet(s)
          Gaz

Comment

True - on the other hand which would you rather be carrying if you had to do a 10 mile run ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

True - on the other hand which would you rather be carrying if you had to do a 10 mile run ?

But if your carrying either who would argue that you hadnt done the ten miles?

Fish
              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

10 mile run?.....go wash your mouth out
                Tony

Comment

Whoops - bit of a time warp moment ........ thought I was still serving !

Breathe deeply, relax ..... drink the rhone ........

That's better !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

thought I was still serving !

relax ..... drink the rhone ........

rhone, rhine, nice bottle of anything...you can serve me if you like
                    what timing - the better half has just opened a bottle of pino griggio.......wonder what she is thinking???

Warrrr hay
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                      rhone, rhine, nice bottle of anything...you can serve me if you like
                      what timing - the better half has just opened a bottle of pino griggio.......wonder what she is thinking???

Warrrr hay
                      if its anything like my wife, it's are you still on that bl##dy internet!
                      Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                      X