I froze my car to the ground...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I froze my car to the ground...

Part of an email I received at work this morning...

You'll never guess - my car was frozen to the ground today - and won't move!!!!!! That's what you get for leaving the heating on for too long especially with -15 and snowing... My blonde moment (of today) when realizing what had happened.

When I asked for a little more clarification...

Yes the snow melted & refroze and then came more snow - and surprizing enough that froze too!
    This is fortunately not goinig to cost me anything but some effort, warm water (carried in buckets) and worst of all my credibility!

hahaha - oh yes, it is going to cost her credibility
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Err
    ............... I sought of follow that Snoop but leaving the heating on too long - whats going on there then.

I am tired and its late, is that why I am not understanding?
    If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil her up
      Err
      ............... I sought of follow that Snoop but leaving the heating on too long - whats going on there then.

I am tired and its late, is that why I am not understanding?
      not a whole load of sense to me either but i think i got it...
      just nod and say "yes Snoop"
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

yes snoop

Just re-read and yes maybe it doesn't make too much sense unless you've been in -14 to -18 all week as it is here! This chick drove her car home at night with the heating on full in thick snow and ice. When she parked the melted ice ran off her bonnet and quickly froze round the tyres. There was also a heavy snow fall overnight and the subsequent snow ran off and froze until the car cooled down - basically completely freezing her wheels and tyres to the floor as the water puddled round them and froze.

Was watching the local news here (Stockholm) yesterday and one of the locals translated that it is the coldest and heaviest snowfall on record for this time of year in Stockholm. At lunch yesterday I walked across a frozen lake would have looked cool on the GPS!
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          Was watching the local news here (Stockholm) yesterday and one of the locals translated that it is the coldest and heaviest snowfall on record for this time of year in Stockholm. At lunch yesterday I walked across a frozen lake would have looked cool on the GPS!
          My GPS tells me I am in a field most of the time!

Actually, if I didn't already know where I was, I would believe the GPS version of me being 15 miles back there somewhere
          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
          X