Wanted - Decent garage nr Bury ooop north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Decent garage nr Bury ooop north

I have a LN130 H reg 2.4 Diesel with Manual box, I live in Bury just outside manchester and want a new garage to work on my belovid surf, the garage I use currently used to service all my cars but since having my surf, every job they do on it leads to another job.

e.g It was serviced in january and tere was a sqeaking a week after, I took it back and they said there was nothing they could do, two weeks later the bottom pulley collapsed.(maybe wear and tear) This led to the bottom pulley being replaced (radiator off), since that work, the heating and temp is very erratic, (never had a problem with it prior to this in 20k miles) temp gauge up and down and everytime I turn it off it dumps anti-freeze on floor. Now heating not working and I over heated today on the way to work. very very unhappy. Sorry did I mention very very very unhappy.

I used to have my BMW serviced by a mechanic and he was staight, honest and after he had done work I never had a problem, I had the car two years kept it serviced and never had a problem, he said he did not know enough about surfs to work on them and it would be more expensive for me etc.

I want a genuine mechanic who is honest and knows surfs inside out, anybody know anyone? I like to service my Surf every 6k with a full blown service, no messing around as this vehicle is my works vehicle and if it stops it cost me money!!!!
    If it works ok then you need to modify it.

I use 'Japanese Imports' off juntion 18 of the M6. Not great, but best I have found round this way. they are cheap and seem to know what they are doing, just a bit disorganised.

Comment

what about the guy at stockport engine co who does the reconditioned head for surfs-he is on here occasionally-dont know if he doies normal'service' work or not.

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
        what about the guy at stockport engine co who does the reconditioned head for surfs-he is on here occasionally-dont know if he doies normal'service' work or not.
        Search for Stevo, he's the guy, or look at the top right adverts

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Search for Stevo, he's the guy, or look at the top right adverts

Trev
          There is a guy at Hooley Bridge in Heywood, first unit on the right as you go in called Steve.. all he deals with are imports.. and 90% of them are surfs..
          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by dickspanner
            I have a LN130 H reg 2.4 Diesel with Manual box, I live in Bury just outside manchester and want a new garage to work on my belovid surf, the garage I use currently used to service all my cars but since having my surf, every job they do on it leads to another job.

e.g It was serviced in january and tere was a sqeaking a week after, I took it back and they said there was nothing they could do, two weeks later the bottom pulley collapsed.(maybe wear and tear) This led to the bottom pulley being replaced (radiator off), since that work, the heating and temp is very erratic, (never had a problem with it prior to this in 20k miles) temp gauge up and down and everytime I turn it off it dumps anti-freeze on floor. Now heating not working and I over heated today on the way to work. very very unhappy. Sorry did I mention very very very unhappy.

I used to have my BMW serviced by a mechanic and he was staight, honest and after he had done work I never had a problem, I had the car two years kept it serviced and never had a problem, he said he did not know enough about surfs to work on them and it would be more expensive for me etc.

I want a genuine mechanic who is honest and knows surfs inside out, anybody know anyone? I like to service my Surf every 6k with a full blown service, no messing around as this vehicle is my works vehicle and if it stops it cost me money!!!!
            Hi mate. Firstly, going off the symptoms you describe, you need to see none other than Stevo. 0161 476 6144. He'll check you out for possible air lock or head problems.
            For general sevicing, speak to Adrian 0161 763 3003. His garage is behind IMO car wash on Bolton rd.
            Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
              Hi mate. Firstly, going off the symptoms you describe, you need to see none other than Stevo. 0161 476 6144. He'll check you out for possible air lock or head problems.
              For general sevicing, speak to Adrian 0161 763 3003. His garage is behind IMO car wash on Bolton rd.
              Pete
              Here you go

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Cheers for the advice peeps,

Pete, I have spoke to Adrian and he is going to have a look at it for me.

Thanks again,

Dickspanner

Here is a piccie of the wee beasty. (I hope)

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6704472568.jpg&s=x10

Originally posted by Pete
                Pete

Comment

Just as an update on hat picture, I have removed the wind deflectors of the windows, replaced the narrow wheels with some big 8 spokes and there are shamefully another 2 sets of spot lamps on the front......

Comment

Working...
                  X